Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013 | 11:50 AM
waltz4
Cruiser
Thumbs up MGS True Duals are AWESOME !

Just like so many others I spent hours searching for the best exhaust system for my bike. After a couple of emails and phone calls to Chris all my questions and concerns had been addressed. I placed my order and waited on Big Brown to show up in my drive. It was a long 3 days for me. I anxiously opened the box to feast my eyes on a truly beautiful exhaust system. The pipes are BIG and heavy gauge. The chrome is sleek, shiny, and perfect. The heat shields are also quite sturdy and look great.
My table lift had not arrived yet so I jacked Buzzz ('02 RK) up and quickly removed the old exhaust. I did a few trial fits to see how everything would line up. Fitment was spot on. After attaching the headers I of course had to fire it up for a moment or two without the mufflers. Just because. Yes, it sounded loud and badass ! I slipped on the mufflers and heat shields, lined everything up and tightened it all down. Oh boy, the new sound was Awesome !
I took Buzzz out and let the big dog hunt. Just like a few others my fuel mileage has taken a hit. I love to twist the throttle and hear those MGS true duals play their song ! I optioned to forget about miles per gallon and enjoy the Smiles Per Gallon.

Old 03-01-2014 | 02:07 PM
jbone14
Intermediate
Default MGS Customs Horrible Service

Mmmmmmm

Last edited by jbone14; 03-01-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2014 | 02:51 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

The hose clamp thing is a known issue. People in the forum have been talking about it for over a year. If you are interested and can't find it yourself I might even be able to give you the Harley clamp p/n that is recommended for this.

Old 03-01-2014 | 03:13 PM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jbone14
I have waited a while to give my opinion on this company but now I have had it. I am not that guy you see yelling at a cashier and I have never sent food back at a restaurant. I ordered their true duals for my 2014 SG. I wished I had listened to my friends and saved a little more to get the Rineharts. They were so eager to get my business I felt I was making the right choice. I was mislead about the power vision that I opted for. I had nothing but problems with the tuning so I gave up on MGS support and got things back on the right track with Dynojet support. The pipes glow bright red at night when left idling for longer than 120 seconds, Seconds! I asked was this normal, they tell me they dont know but they would give me a custom tune as soon as possible. That was 4 MONTHS AGO. I get treated like a one night stand you want nothing to do with the next morning every time I ask for an update on the tune. I wait 6 WEEKS between emails or phone calls so its not like I am calling every day. I know what you must be thinking "get it dyno'd" well I would have if I hadnt spent the money on the PVision. I was told if I got it I could call them up am they would walk me through a setup that would allow me to tune "all my buddies bikes". Well that was a half truth because only Dynojet can do this for 200 bucks a bike. So Im thinking I deserved that for trying to get something for nothing. Now to why I am writing this. 1500 miles with these pipes and I hear a rattle. The heat shields welds broke away from the hose clamps. This is a poorly ran company and you are better off spending your money else where. Please don't be the next fool.
So you think it's their fault that you don't have the correct tune? And you've been running it like this for 1500 miles with the pipes glowing red? You're lucky the only thing that has broke is a clamp!!!

Old 03-01-2014 | 03:32 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

OK, so thanks to Scott's quote we know what you wrote b4 editing everything out. So you bought the PowerVision from MGS, then went straight to DynoJet for a map on your PowerVision when MGS wasn't taking care of things? DynoJet still can't get you taken care of? You can try contacting FuelMoto. They are a very well known/respected distributor of DynoJet. They may be willing to help even though they did not sell it to you.

Old 03-01-2014 | 04:27 PM
jackod
Advanced

Dew Me,
Could you point me in the right direction for the clamp and HD part number? I have had the MGS true duals on since last winter and I really like them. I just noticed while doing some other work that the clamp for the left side pipe is not working well, the heat shield is rattling. I did a search on this and generally read the posts on these pipes but haven't found that. I was just wondering if the HD part will help me out with the shield. Thanks

Old 03-01-2014 | 04:41 PM
jbone14
Intermediate

I apologize for speaking negatively about them. I hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.

Old 03-01-2014 | 04:55 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackod
Dew Me,
Could you point me in the right direction for the clamp and HD part number? I have had the MGS true duals on since last winter and I really like them. I just noticed while doing some other work that the clamp for the left side pipe is not working well, the heat shield is rattling. I did a search on this and generally read the posts on these pipes but haven't found that. I was just wondering if the HD part will help me out with the shield. Thanks
The clamp is P/N 65620-98A.

It's got a detent bent into the clamp itself where the tab from the bracket goes.

Here is a thread that discusses it a little:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-question.html

Old 03-01-2014 | 05:18 PM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jbone14
I apologize for speaking negatively about them. I hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers.
It's cool man we've all been frustrated about one thing or another and we are all here to learn from each other through shared experiences. Sometimes you're the teacher and sometimes the student. It's big of you to apologize

Old 03-01-2014 | 06:43 PM
jackod
Advanced

Thanks Dew Me. This will be a big help.

Last edited by jackod; 03-01-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals