Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013 | 08:17 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Only problem I have with them is their killing my gas mileage because I keep twisting the throttle to hear them "bark"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2013 | 08:46 AM
mmats69
Tourer

Here is my dyno. Only gain is from 2k to 2,500. After that my old exhaust catches up and they stay pretty close until 5200 where my old exhaust starts to pull away. The net result is a 3 hp and 3 tq loss at the peak.

Old 05-29-2013 | 11:13 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mmats69
Here is my dyno. Only gain is from 2k to 2,500. After that my old exhaust catches up and they stay pretty close until 5200 where my old exhaust starts to pull away. The net result is a 3 hp and 3 tq loss at the peak.

Read the notes on dyno sheet, done 3 months apart, 10 degrees hotter with the MGS True Duals, humidity levels way different. I 've seen bigger differences than this with the exact same set-up pulled back to back on the dyno as the bike's temperature changed. I'd be willing to bet if done on the same day, on a true apples to apples comparison, the difference may go the other way. To be accurate, the pulls need to be done the same day on the same dyno with the same running conditions.

Well, at least I hope you enjoy the sound, looks and power of your system. Thanks for being a valued customer, if you have any concerns, please give us a call.

Old 05-29-2013 | 01:59 PM
mmats69
Tourer

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Read the notes on dyno sheet, done 3 months apart, 10 degrees hotter with the MGS True Duals, humidity levels way different. I 've seen bigger differences than this with the exact same set-up pulled back to back on the dyno as the bike's temperature changed. I'd be willing to bet if done on the same day, on a true apples to apples comparison, the difference may go the other way. To be accurate, the pulls need to be done the same day on the same dyno with the same running conditions.

Well, at least I hope you enjoy the sound, looks and power of your system. Thanks for being a valued customer, if you have any concerns, please give us a call.
Overall I am satisfied. Much better sound than my old system. Just gonna have to get some chrome tips.

Old 05-29-2013 | 07:32 PM
desertwolf
Road Master

What is your old exhaust?

Old 05-30-2013 | 03:58 AM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
glad this thread is continuing ----- :-)
Me too! (since I started it!) Due to circumstances beyond my control, riding time is pretty much non-existent for me the last year or so. So I haven't spent the bucks to purchase mine yet but still haven't found anything that I think I'd like better. Think I'll enter the give away and see about some free ones. But, I'm a future customer one way or the other. (Retiring at the end of the year, riding time is bound to increase then!)

Last edited by mike5511; 05-30-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-30-2013 | 08:36 AM
mmats69
Tourer

Originally Posted by desertwolf
What is your old exhaust?
Cobra powerport into Rush big Louie with the 2.5" baffles.

Old 06-01-2013 | 04:15 PM
desertwolf
Road Master

Cobra powerport into Rush big Louie with the 2.5" baffles.
Actually that's pretty impressive that MGS is right there with them. The Cobra Power Port is 2-1-2 design that looks like a true dual design. MGS definately put a lot of R&D into their pipes.

Old 07-28-2013 | 11:22 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I've been interested in the MGS T/D for a while and noticed that they also have a new Cross Under System available now. Any body have any info on the cross under T/D System.

Old 09-05-2013 | 04:56 AM
rob5r1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
I've been interested in the MGS T/D for a while and noticed that they also have a new Cross Under System available now. Any body have any info on the cross under T/D System.

I called Chris at MGS. He told me that the cross under system does not perform as well as the standard TD. So I ordered the standard TD. They also have a "loud" version. He told me they are surprising quiet at idle and cruising speeds, but "bark" if you rev the throttle. Giving that a try too. My last set of MGS TD only lasted @ 3 weeks. While trailering, I was rear-ended by a semi. 2 bike Kendon trailer, the truck missed me, but his trailer fish-tailed and ran over the left side of my trailer. Tore my '08 FLHX from the mount and shoved it into the back of my wife's mini-van. Her FLSTFI survived with minor damage. NO INJURIES !

So I am starting over with a new FLHXS.

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals