Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012 | 12:18 PM
guentherb88
Intermediate

These are at the top of my wish list for my new street glide. But at $1300+, the military might not pay me enough to make that happen.

Old 02-21-2012 | 07:27 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by guentherb88
These are at the top of my wish list for my new street glide. But at $1300+, the military might not pay me enough to make that happen.
We are all about supporting our military. Give us a call or send us an email 661-951-9878 or sales@mgscustombikes.com we will work you a special deal.

Old 02-22-2012 | 11:53 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Default Thumbs up

There a few reasons I love the MGS system on my 2011 Street Glide. First is the fitment and design of the headers. Four O2 sensor bungs and you can get a socket on the large bungs with the pipes mounted on the bike. If you run a power vision and want to data log while running your stock O2 sensors these are the perfect. The V&H duals I had on my 08 had the rear bung angled so that the O2 sensor made contact on the top tranny cover and impossible to get a socket on it with the header mounted. Also the MGS fits well. I put a set of Rinehart Extreme duals on a buds bike and the rear header rubs the frame where it turns to go under the bike. The frame acts as a fulcrum at that point and puts pressure on the mounting studs at the heads. Really sucked in my opinion. I had tried Bassani duals as well. The Bassani front header and shield was a work of art. Not so for the rear header. What a GD nightmare. I'm not going to badmouth Bassani publicly, but if your thinking about their duals, pm me and I will be happy to give you a story from hell about those pipes. Point is the MGS pipes mounted perfectly with no binding anywhere. You know this is not the case with the imported brands if you have ever mounted them yourself.

Next is the sound. It is deep. I believe they sound different than any of the other pipes I have tried because they are heavier. The sheilds are much thicker than stock or the other brands I have tried. Well, the Bassani shields where very thick too, but the headers were not as heavy and the industrial chrome on the Bassani headers was peeling off in places right out of the box. Not so with the MGS headers. The finish on the headers was the best I've seen. Not that you can see them when the shields are installed, but the attention to detail is the point here. The thicker, heavier material used on the MGS pipes provides a deeper tone with a lot of authority. Kind of like V&H monster ovals only with more volume and more attitude. I get compliments and questions on these pipes often.

The last reason is the stepped design. The last headers I ran before these were Fuel Moto's 2/1/2 ceramic coated headers. They were awesome headers from a performance and quality standpoint. I just did not like the sound as well as the true duals I had been running in the past. I had a conversation with Jaime at Fuel Moto and asked why he did not make a set of true duals. I told him about all the problems I had with the different brands of duals I had tried and knew if he made a set of duals as good as his 2/1/2 headers they would be bad ***. He said he would not make a set of duals out of 1 3/4" pipe because the duals would not flow well enough to meet his standards. They would have to be a stepped pipe with a 2" outlet for proper flow, and then he would have to convert his muffler line and sell both 1 3/4" for 2/1/2 headers, and 2" muffs for the duals. Not really cost efficient for him at this time. He recommended rinehart duals or the old style bubs because of their stepped design. Well, rineharts sound raspy to me. Too high pitched. That would be because of the lighter material used to manufacture them. Point here is that if your gonna run true duals, run a stepped design with a 2" outlet. Yeah your gonna be limited on slip on choices, but Jaime at Fuel Moto is the man when it comes to tuning and exhaust and if he says duals should be 2" then that is good enough for me.

When I called the owner at MSG (Mike I think) and expressed all of my concerns about the duals available on the market. He told me that those very concerns were why he developed the duals he is selling. I have about 3700 miles on these and they are outstanding. I wouldn't trade em. I only wish I had found them before I had spent so much money on other pipes. There are only a few products/companies I brag on to people I talk to. Fuel Moto is one. ***** Shiney another. Coastal Moto rocks for wheels. Iron Cross Audio gets a nod for outstanding service. Johnny Vaughn at HD bike parts for bars. And now I'm adding MGS to my list of companies I'm proud to do business with. If you have done business with any of these companies, then you know the bar is set high here.

Old 02-23-2012 | 12:15 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drive2live2ride
There a few reasons I love the MGS system on my 2011 Street Glide. First is the fitment and design of the headers. Four O2 sensor bungs and you can get a socket on the large bungs with the pipes mounted on the bike. If you run a power vision and want to data log while running your stock O2 sensors these are the perfect. The V&H duals I had on my 08 had the rear bung angled so that the O2 sensor made contact on the top tranny cover and impossible to get a socket on it with the header mounted. Also the MGS fits well. I put a set of Rinehart Extreme duals on a buds bike and the rear header rubs the frame where it turns to go under the bike. The frame acts as a fulcrum at that point and puts pressure on the mounting studs at the heads. Really sucked in my opinion. I had tried Bassani duals as well. The Bassani front header and shield was a work of art. Not so for the rear header. What a GD nightmare. I'm not going to badmouth Bassani publicly, but if your thinking about their duals, pm me and I will be happy to give you a story from hell about those pipes. Point is the MGS pipes mounted perfectly with no binding anywhere. You know this is not the case with the imported brands if you have ever mounted them yourself.

Next is the sound. It is deep. I believe they sound different than any of the other pipes I have tried because they are heavier. The sheilds are much thicker than stock or the other brands I have tried. Well, the Bassani shields where very thick too, but the headers were not as heavy and the industrial chrome on the Bassani headers was peeling off in places right out of the box. Not so with the MGS headers. The finish on the headers was the best I've seen. Not that you can see them when the shields are installed, but the attention to detail is the point here. The thicker, heavier material used on the MGS pipes provides a deeper tone with a lot of authority. Kind of like V&H monster ovals only with more volume and more attitude. I get compliments and questions on these pipes often.

The last reason is the stepped design. The last headers I ran before these were Fuel Moto's 2/1/2 ceramic coated headers. They were awesome headers from a performance and quality standpoint. I just did not like the sound as well as the true duals I had been running in the past. I had a conversation with Jaime at Fuel Moto and asked why he did not make a set of true duals. I told him about all the problems I had with the different brands of duals I had tried and knew if he made a set of duals as good as his 2/1/2 headers they would be bad ***. He said he would not make a set of duals out of 1 3/4" pipe because the duals would not flow well enough to meet his standards. They would have to be a stepped pipe with a 2" outlet for proper flow, and then he would have to convert his muffler line and sell both 1 3/4" for 2/1/2 headers, and 2" muffs for the duals. Not really cost efficient for him at this time. He recommended rinehart duals or the old style bubs because of their stepped design. Well, rineharts sound raspy to me. Too high pitched. That would be because of the lighter material used to manufacture them. Point here is that if your gonna run true duals, run a stepped design with a 2" outlet. Yeah your gonna be limited on slip on choices, but Jaime at Fuel Moto is the man when it comes to tuning and exhaust and if he says duals should be 2" then that is good enough for me.

When I called the owner at MSG (Mike I think) and expressed all of my concerns about the duals available on the market. He told me that those very concerns were why he developed the duals he is selling. I have about 3700 miles on these and they are outstanding. I wouldn't trade em. I only wish I had found them before I had spent so much money on other pipes. There are only a few products/companies I brag on to people I talk to. Fuel Moto is one. ***** Shiney another. Coastal Moto rocks for wheels. Iron Cross Audio gets a nod for outstanding service. Johnny Vaughn at HD bike parts for bars. And now I'm adding MGS to my list of companies I'm proud to do business with. If you have done business with any of these companies, then you know the bar is set high here.

We should hire you as our spokesperson and writer! We are very happy to hear about your satisfaction with our exhaust and also very humbly appreciative of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how you feel about our products. We promise to keep producing quality stuff and stand behind our products 100%. We simply made these pipes because we love to ride and we wanted a better pipe than the ones we kept installing on our bikes. Not to say any of them are bad, but they were just missing something. You mentioned a few of the very same issues we noticed when installing other brands for years. Thanks again for the comments and we'd love to go for a ride sometime. Take care and enjoy the road.

Old 02-23-2012 | 12:31 AM
drive2live2ride
Supporter

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
We should hire you as our spokesperson and writer! We are very happy to hear about your satisfaction with our exhaust and also very humbly appreciative of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how you feel about our products. We promise to keep producing quality stuff and stand behind our products 100%. We simply made these pipes because we love to ride and we wanted a better pipe than the ones we kept installing on our bikes. Not to say any of them are bad, but they were just missing something. You mentioned a few of the very same issues we noticed when installing other brands for years. Thanks again for the comments and we'd love to go for a ride sometime. Take care and enjoy the road.
No problem. Gonna ride out to California second week of June. If we end up in your neck of the woods we'll stop and meet you. Here is a couple pics of your pipes on my bike. Cell phone pics are all I got with me right now. And no, I'm not running a brown seat. Just set it on there to see what a cvo solo would look like on it. Black one on the way!

Later...

Attached Thumbnails MGS True Duals-2012-02-17-17.19.09.jpg   MGS True Duals-2012-02-17-17.20.00.jpg   MGS True Duals-2012-02-01-17.31.33.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012 | 09:49 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drive2live2ride
No problem. Gonna ride out to California second week of June. If we end up in your neck of the woods we'll stop and meet you. Here is a couple pics of your pipes on my bike. Cell phone pics are all I got with me right now. And no, I'm not running a brown seat. Just set it on there to see what a cvo solo would look like on it. Black one on the way!

Later...
Definitely stop by. Bike looks great.

Old 02-23-2012 | 01:38 PM
Crank1
Advanced

Is there any interference with passenger pegs or moving them at all?

Old 02-23-2012 | 08:48 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Crank1
Is there any interference with passenger pegs or moving them at all?
No interference. There is a spacer kit that comes with the pipes that will need to be installed when putting the floor board's back on after pipes have been installed. Very simple.

Old 03-17-2012 | 09:18 PM
guentherb88
Intermediate

I'm stoked about these pipes. I'm riding out to Cali at the end of the month to have Mike install and tune them. This guy was super helpful over the phone. I'll def be referring my military buddies their way. If you live in Vegas and want to see and hear them let me know.

Old 04-14-2012 | 12:43 AM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
No interference. There is a spacer kit that comes with the pipes that will need to be installed when putting the floor board's back on after pipes have been installed. Very simple.

If you already have a spacer kit like Soos or Harley Goodies, do you need to use the supplied kit?

I been busy and haven't followed up on this, frankly I forgot I posted it. But I haven't found any other satisfactory solution to what I'm looking for. I'm still very interested in giving these a try. Honestly, I'm ready to quit thinking about exhaust! Need to find something that doesn't hurt performance and isn't too loud and be done with it!

Would like to see more feed back like drive2live2ride posted. Excellent post! If you, drive2live2ride, ride over east of you a little let me know, I would like to hear those pipes and check them out.

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals