Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013 | 10:29 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

MGS,
Could I expect gains using the MGS TD, over the V&H Power Duals with Monster Rounds?

I have a PowerVision from FuelMoto with their tune in it running Woods TW-222 cams,
what about a revised map for the MGS true duals?

Thanks,

Mark

Old 02-09-2013 | 11:29 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
MGS,
Could I expect gains using the MGS TD, over the V&H Power Duals with Monster Rounds?

I have a PowerVision from FuelMoto with their tune in it running Woods TW-222 cams,
what about a revised map for the MGS true duals?

Thanks,

Mark
You can expect very significant gains if changing from the V&H Power Duals to our system.
Jaime is one of the innovators when it comes to the Power Vision as he worked hand in hand with Dynojet to develop it. I don't have nearly as much experience with the Power Vision (although I am working with Dynojet to remedy that!) but can offer you some suggestions. Dynojet should have some MAP downloads for our system very soon as we will be shipping them our exhaust to test and make MAPS. Until then, you can use your current MAP or go to flashyourharley.com and download the Rinehart MAP. It will run lean, but will be a decent start for you to begin your autotune process. Call me at the shop and I can explain further.
Thanks.

Old 02-09-2013 | 11:32 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by asttbe
I forgot about this thread. This is the one that made me pull the trigger on the MGS duals.

I absolutely love them. Every one of my friends that I ride with have commented on the sound. The customer service when I was installing them was also second to none.

The indie shop that does all my work mentioned that he had never heard of MGS. He heard the bike testing it after maintenance and also told me those are some of the best sounding pipes he has ever heard. This guy has been in business for 35 years!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mike, I will never put another brand of pipes on one of my bikes

Thanks for the comments. I am glad you are enjoying your system. It never gets old hearing that someone is enjoying their exhaust, that is the reason we do what we do. Keep enjoying the ride.

Old 04-23-2013 | 07:23 PM
King Scarlett
Intermediate

How is the heat on the passenger side? I'm worried about that

Old 04-24-2013 | 06:14 AM
drive2live2ride
Supporter

Originally Posted by King Scarlett
How is the heat on the passenger side? I'm worried about that
It's gets warm but "Nothing I can't handle" according to the OL. We took a 5700 mile road trip last October and she was fine with the MGS pipes.

Old 04-24-2013 | 07:38 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Glad to hear that everyone, including passengers, is happy with these pipes. I've been researching them to no end to replace my Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Hi-Output Slip ons, and I haven't found a single negative comment, on this forum or any other.

I've talked to three different folks at MGS, each at length regarding their exhaust. Yesterday I placed the order for the true duals w/loud baffles and scalloped black tips. I hope to have them Monday. I will be waiting for the exhaust bracket to come in from HD that I tossed when I removed the stock exhaust, but hopefully I'll have them mounted by next weekend.

The guys at MGS were great, and answered all my questions. In some ceases we just BS'd about HD and bikes in general. If the reviews hold true, I know I'll be satisfied.

Old 05-10-2013 | 05:29 AM
bogie
Cruiser

I also am interested in the stage I kit. Not sure how the kit deal works. What is the price on the kit in Black with Aluminum tips for a 2013 Roadglide Ultra?

Old 05-10-2013 | 12:07 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bogie
I also am interested in the stage I kit. Not sure how the kit deal works. What is the price on the kit in Black with Aluminum tips for a 2013 Roadglide Ultra?
Stage I kits start at 1,089. There is an additional $100 for black. Feel free to call the shop and we can discuss your bike and build you a package that best suits your needs. I look forward to hearing from you. We have an incredible Power Vision Rental program that gives you an incredible custom tune from what is one of the best tuners on the market at an unbelievable price. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2013 | 09:50 AM
SD2010FXDWG
Cruiser

how much do the load baffles run?? im getting ready to get my bike dyno tuned and might get them before i get it tuned..

Old 05-12-2013 | 11:23 AM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SD2010FXDWG
how much do the load baffles run?? im getting ready to get my bike dyno tuned and might get them before i get it tuned..
$75 for loud baffles

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals