Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012 | 03:56 PM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
Sound clips would be great, youtube videos ?
Here's a pretty good one of an installation on a 2010 SG. Should give you a good idea of fit, finish and sound.

Last edited by V-Man; 12-12-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2012 | 06:24 PM
limboglide
Cruiser

I'm in the middle of putting the head pipes on, I don't understand why the MGS inlet (bolting to the head) is not tapered like the stockers?
It seems that it will be a bitch to align with the exhaust port seal.
Am I missing something here?

Can't call MGS since it's Saturday. Any help is appreciated.
Limbo

Old 12-15-2012 | 06:35 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by limboglide
I'm in the middle of putting the head pipes on, I don't understand why the MGS inlet (bolting to the head) is not tapered like the stockers?
It seems that it will be a bitch to align with the exhaust port seal.
Am I missing something here?

Can't call MGS since it's Saturday. Any help is appreciated.
Limbo
Limbo,
You shouldnt have any issues with alignment. They pretty much align themselves. Feel free to call me on my direct line with any questions on the install.
Chris

Old 12-16-2012 | 11:40 AM
chinookman
Cruiser

Looking forward to one day being able to convince my wife I need a set of MGS slip ons. I went with the Fullsac tru duals and am wanting loud. I have read this entire thread and think I want to go with these. Hopefully when I get taxes back and before I deploy again.

Last edited by chinookman; 12-16-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-17-2012 | 09:30 AM
limboglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Limbo,
You shouldnt have any issues with alignment. They pretty much align themselves. Feel free to call me on my direct line with any questions on the install.
Chris
Thanks for the input Chris, especially on a Saturday.
It was not making sense to me that a flat header inlet should be mated up to a cone type (stock) exhaust gasket however I did get them on and no leaking.

BTW... PM sent to discuss other issue.

Old 12-17-2012 | 10:44 AM
MPRIDER
Cruiser

Sign me up! Now I just gotta get through the holidays and get my old lady a backrest first... But I think MGS True Duals in black have a spot on my '13 SG!

Any current deals that can convince me to use my tax refund in an un responsible manner!?

Old 12-17-2012 | 01:04 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MPRIDER
Sign me up! Now I just gotta get through the holidays and get my old lady a backrest first... But I think MGS True Duals in black have a spot on my '13 SG!

Any current deals that can convince me to use my tax refund in an un responsible manner!?
Ha ha! We can help you dump some money into that ride! Black MGS True Duals performance package for $1,189 or just pipes for $999.

Old 12-19-2012 | 02:20 AM
mike5511
|
Elite HDF Member

I started this thread and still haven't called you guys. Life gets in the way sometimes. That said, expect to hear from me soon. I've continued to do research on pipes and still haven't found anything I think I would like better. True dual sound with no loss in power; what more could you ask for!

Old 12-27-2012 | 09:02 PM
If6was9
Intermediate
Thumbs up MGS True Duals on my '13 SG

I put the MGS True Duals in chrome with the slash cut tips on my '13 SG back in early NOV. I couldn't be happier, great sound, great look, top quality product.

Old 12-27-2012 | 10:08 PM
uuscotty
Advanced

Very informative thread. I am a big fan of the true duals because of looks, but was weary of the lack of performance that is always associated with them until I read this thread and learned how well the MGS true duals perform. I don't anticipate every turning my RKC into a hot rod and would imagine I will ever go beyond stage I and with the performance gains illustrated with these true duals, it looks like the way to go.

MGS: Any plans to add fishtail tips to your TD line? I have been searching quite a while for some fishtails that I would be satisfied with and was hoping this was something you had on the horizon. I have looked at full systems, straight pipes with fishtails, mufflers with exchangeable tips, mufflers with fishtail tips, you name it...just can't find anything that meets my requirements.

Thanks,

Scott

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals