Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:56 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by Colin1966
Maybe you did not have 1 in the package, I did.
Look at the attached parts list #12 also in the directions #19 says "Space Left Passenger foot peg using #12"

curious to see what they get on a dyno before and after install as I did notice a definite increase in throttle response.
Well what the... ?!? Checking with the stealership today to see if they overlooked it in the box. I was, however, also missing the AC cover for the Big Sucker in my kit, so perhaps gremlins got into it on the way to my house. Lol

Very curious to see the difference in the dyno myself. Should have asked for that when I picked it up!

Old 10-08-2012 | 12:03 PM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

If I ordered this package I would have it sent to my box in Blaine WA
That's the way to do it for sure.

Colin

Old 10-08-2012 | 10:55 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by V-Man
Here's a brief review of the MGS true duals on my 2013 FLHX.

I ordered my pipes with chrome tips, the PCV and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C (their September package deal). Everything was installed and dyno'd on the bike this past week.

First and foremost, let's be clear about these pipes: OH. MY. GOD. Hands down THE best pipes I have ever heard. As the previous poster said above, they have a very deep tone when idling and when cruising down the highway (deeper and beefier than Rineharts) - but give these babies a snap of the throttle and the Hounds of Hell are released.

Second, the quality of construction, fit and finish are phenomenal. The 4-inch end caps are extremely thick and give a very high-end look to the back of the bike. The angle of the slashes aligns beautifully with the angle of the saddlebags. They really look like they were designed for the bike right from the HD factory. And IMHO, the chrome tips really make a statement (over the black) and are worth the bit of extra cost.

Third, the customer service of this company is fabulous. These guys know their stuff and are beyond helpful in assisting you with whatever questions or concerns you might have. Shipping was fast and everything was neatly and safely packaged for the trip.

My only nit to pick is in the lack of clearance on the left side of the bike at the point of the passenger peg/floorboard. Spacers are absolutely essential, as there is insufficient clearance for even the stock peg to fold away without touching the pipe. I guess I'm not understanding why MGS doesn't include spacers right in the kit. You clearly cannot do without them.

That said, I much prefer MGS' decision to route the pipe directly to the left coming off the head, then down and back - instead of crossing it over to the left beneath the bike. I definitely prefer the lines created by the MGS pipes.

All in all, I cannot recommend these pipes more highly. I invited a friend of mine over to the house last night to give them a listen. He's a Harley employee and assembles motors for the touring bikes. When I fired it up for him, he busted out in a grin as wide as Texas and said, "Now THAT is how that motor is supposed to sound!" Needless to say, he was blown away. You will be, too - trust me.

I'll post some pics soon.

Hats off to the guys at MGS. They have really hit a grand slam out of the park.

V-Man, First off, thank you very much for your detailed review of our product. I am glad that you are happy with them. Please give me a call or send me a PM about the spacer that you should have received with your install kit. I sincerely apologize if somehow you didn't receive the spacer, as you are correct, you absolutely need it to have your passenger footboard clear the left side pipe when folded up.

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:10 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Default MGS vs stock Dyno Sheet

Here is a dyno sheet we did a few years back of a 2010 Street Glide. I will copy some more files off of the dyno computer soon and post more.

Old 10-09-2012 | 07:14 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
Please give me a call or send me a PM about the spacer that you should have received with your install kit.
PM sent - thanks.

Old 10-09-2012 | 09:34 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

MGS Custom Bikes,
Do you have any pictures and prices on the chrome exhaust tips?

thanxs
Colin

Old 10-09-2012 | 05:02 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Colin1966
MGS Custom Bikes,
Do you have any pictures and prices on the chrome exhaust tips?

thanxs
Colin

Chrome Tips are $159

Here is a picture:

Old 10-09-2012 | 06:13 PM
V-Man
Supporter

I am VERY happy with the chrome tips on my bike. So glad I chose them over the black. They look very upscale to me.

Old 10-13-2012 | 04:58 PM
SD2010FXDWG
Cruiser

here's some pics of my MGS pipes..i cant be more happy with them, the sound and performance is awesome..i have just a little hiccup off idle but other than that they pull great..

Old 10-14-2012 | 07:36 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by SD2010FXDWG
here's some pics of my MGS pipes..i have just a little hiccup off idle but other than that they pull great..
Looks fabulous! Regarding the hiccup, did you have the bike dyno'd after they were installed?

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals