Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:15 PM
SD2010FXDWG
Cruiser

i think it is 02 its the chrome L bracket.. with my big radius they remove the stock bracket that mounts to..

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:31 PM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

ok, now I get it.

thanxs

Old 10-05-2012 | 05:12 PM
kuma
Cruiser
Default finally done

well got the msg duals on with a little of adjustments. needed spacers for the mufflers to clear the right side axle nut, got chrome ones. and another extra spacers for the left side passenger floor boards. called msg and they helped and were very easy to get ahold of and help. sound is very deep quality great.
Carlini bars are fn awesome. Easy to route after doing some monkey bars they are easy. But with out saying get the throttle assembly without the green plug. used a little axle grease to pull every thing through took no time. Also went with poly bushings on handlebar clamps. and braided coated brake lines and clutch line. everything from carlini was about 800.00.
will download a youtube video later.

Attached Thumbnails MGS True Duals-36317_4826046095306_1221489701_n.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012 | 06:16 PM
V-Man
Supporter

Here's a brief review of the MGS true duals on my 2013 FLHX.

I ordered my pipes with chrome tips, the PCV and the Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C (their September package deal). Everything was installed and dyno'd on the bike this past week.

First and foremost, let's be clear about these pipes: OH. MY. GOD. Hands down THE best pipes I have ever heard. As the previous poster said above, they have a very deep tone when idling and when cruising down the highway (deeper and beefier than Rineharts) - but give these babies a snap of the throttle and the Hounds of Hell are released.

Second, the quality of construction, fit and finish are phenomenal. The 4-inch end caps are extremely thick and give a very high-end look to the back of the bike. The angle of the slashes aligns beautifully with the angle of the saddlebags. They really look like they were designed for the bike right from the HD factory. And IMHO, the chrome tips really make a statement (over the black) and are worth the bit of extra cost.

Third, the customer service of this company is fabulous. These guys know their stuff and are beyond helpful in assisting you with whatever questions or concerns you might have. Shipping was fast and everything was neatly and safely packaged for the trip.

My only nit to pick is in the lack of clearance on the left side of the bike at the point of the passenger peg/floorboard. Spacers are absolutely essential, as there is insufficient clearance for even the stock peg to fold away without touching the pipe. I guess I'm not understanding why MGS doesn't include spacers right in the kit. You clearly cannot do without them.

That said, I much prefer MGS' decision to route the pipe directly to the left coming off the head, then down and back - instead of crossing it over to the left beneath the bike. I definitely prefer the lines created by the MGS pipes.

All in all, I cannot recommend these pipes more highly. I invited a friend of mine over to the house last night to give them a listen. He's a Harley employee and assembles motors for the touring bikes. When I fired it up for him, he busted out in a grin as wide as Texas and said, "Now THAT is how that motor is supposed to sound!" Needless to say, he was blown away. You will be, too - trust me.

I'll post some pics soon.

Hats off to the guys at MGS. They have really hit a grand slam out of the park.

Old 10-07-2012 | 06:29 PM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

My only nit to pick is in the lack of clearance on the left side of the bike at the point of the passenger peg/floorboard. Spacers are absolutely essential, as there is insufficient clearance for even the stock peg to fold away without touching the pipe. I guess I'm not understanding why MGS doesn't include spacers right in the kit. You clearly cannot do without them

A spacer #12 came with my pipes when installed gives enough clearance for the pipe.
I have put about 2000 km on the bike since install of the MGS and I totally agree
OH. MY. GOD. Hands down THE best pipes I have ever heard.
can you post your dyno sheet?

Colin

Last edited by Colin1966; 10-07-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2012 | 05:57 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by Colin1966
A spacer #12 came with my pipes when installed gives enough clearance for the pipe... Can you post your dyno sheet?Colin
Hmm... interesting. No spacer here. You're speaking of a spacer for the passenger peg/floorboard mount, right? That's what I'd need for mine - on the left side at least.

Like an idiot, I didn't ask for a copy of the dyno sheet when I picked up my scoot. I'll see if they have it - and if not, will definitely request a copy after they retune it after the break-in period.

Old 10-08-2012 | 08:49 AM
fxdsegrl
Tourer

Anyone try them on a CVO yet? How did they work out? If so any fitment issues, tips?

Thx K

Old 10-08-2012 | 09:09 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

Hmm... interesting. No spacer here. You're speaking of a spacer for the passenger peg/floorboard mount, right? That's what I'd need for mine - on the left side at least.
Maybe you did not have 1 in the package, I did.
Look at the attached parts list #12 also in the directions #19 says "Space Left Passenger foot peg using #12"

curious to see what they get on a dyno before and after install as I did notice a definite increase in throttle response.

Attached Thumbnails MGS True Duals-mgs-parts-list.jpg  
Old 10-08-2012 | 09:25 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

Anyone try them on a CVO yet? How did they work out? If so any fitment issues, tips?
If you have a fitment question I would call them up and ask, their customer service is good.
I see you from Vancouver, maybe call Barnes as they sell these pipes also, but NOT at their price :-)

here is a video.

http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/1007_...m/viewall.html

pretty straight forward install.
you need to remove the right driver & left passenger foot pegs/boards right off the bat as it easier to get the stock exhaust off and add the spacers provided when installed.

I you have any questions just post as lots of guys here have installed the exhaust and would answer quickly.

great product as far as I am concerned.

Colin

Old 10-08-2012 | 11:21 AM
fxdsegrl
Tourer

Thanks for the info Colin. I'll give them a call. There is no way in H I would deal with Barnes. Learned my lesson a long time ago. Strictly deal with Mountainview out of Chilliwack now.

If I ordered this package I would have it sent to my box in Blaine WA

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals