Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012 | 08:29 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior

The install instructions are a bit lacking. This write up at bagger mag helped alot.

Also spoke to Dave at MGS, and he said its easier to put pipes on first, then heat shields after. I tried with heat shields on and couldnt get rear cyl pipe to line up with exhaust studs.

I may go back and do a quick tutorial to help those doing the install themselves. I made enough little mistakes to learn from that may help someone else.

Few co workers went out of their way to come over and mention how nice the pipes look and sound. Very happy camper today. Now I have to tune it in with tts mastertune and really get the most out of it.

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:07 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by AnthonyFLHX
Few co workers went out of their way to come over and mention how nice the pipes look and sound. Very happy camper today. Now I have to tune it in with tts mastertune and really get the most out of it.
Gotta love that! Anxious to hear your final thoughts after everything is buttoned up and tuned the way you want it.

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:09 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

The install instructions are a bit lacking. This write up at bagger mag helped alot.
I agree Anthony, the write-up could be more explisive as peeps with little experience with installing pipes may have a hard time.

I watched the video on there website before installing.
http://www.mgscustombikes.com/mgs-exhaust/true-duals/

I installed with the heat shields on as it can be a real bitch to put them on after (previous pipe installs) I do leave the clamps loose so I can get the nuts on the exhaust studs.

Also the rear bracket placement /hookup to the clamp could be explained better in the instructions as the bracket tab points to the left & the 2nd large clamp is used to hold the pipe to the bracket. hope that right

All in all a pretty straight forward install & like you very happy with the exhaust system.

I am on the fence with the TTS or Power Vision as I am going to do cams, pls post what you come up with when tuned.

Colin

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:22 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

Mine is ready to disown me if I change my mind on my "necessories" one more F-in' time!
Your wife will get used to it, mine just rolls her eyes
A tip, hide the credit card bill

Colin

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:29 AM
V-Man
Supporter

A tip, hide the credit card bill
"Credit card bill? What credit card bill?"

Or maybe this one: "No, no honey - these aren't NEW. I bought these YEARS AGO."

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:37 AM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

Or maybe this one: "No, no honey - these aren't NEW. I bought these YEARS AGO
lol, I think that's the 1 she uses with her boots & shoes

Colin

Old 09-28-2012 | 09:38 AM
V-Man
Supporter

lol, I think that's the 1 she uses with her boots & shoes
Hey! How do you know my wife?! LOL

Old 09-28-2012 | 10:37 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by V-Man
Hey! How do you know my wife?! LOL
It's all about wardrobe essentials, no woman can have too many shoes....

Old 10-02-2012 | 07:47 PM
SD2010FXDWG
Cruiser

just got done installing my MGS duals, and coming from Vance and Hines Big Radius i cant be more happy..at idle nice and mellow tone. then when you give a twist all hell breaks loose.. i love them..i need a muffler support bracket but other than that the install went pretty good. they told me they are working on better instructions with pics.. tomorrow i will get pics and hopefully a video..and again cant be happier for 650 bucks...

Old 10-02-2012 | 08:48 PM
Colin1966
Road Warrior

hey SD2010FXDWG,
what is the muffler support bracket? I have read this 2 times now.
I looked over the directions and cannot see any reference to it, what # is it on the parts page?

thanxs
Colin

Quick Reply: MGS True Duals