Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing Rush TD's

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Help installing Rush TD's

Since the company is closed tonight and for the weekend I'm asking anyone's help in installing a new set of true duals on my '11 FLHR. Got the old system off and installed the O2 sensors and was ready to mock up the new ceramic pipes on the bike. Rear cylinder looks pretty straightforward. Instructions say that the front header is supposed to be supported by the bracket that is under the tranny, (stock tranny bracket), using supplied brackets 023 and 024 and a couple of flange bolts. There is absolutely nothing on the header pipe to fasten to. I'm thinking the factory forgot to weld a receiver flange to bolt to the tranny bracket. Does anybody out there have this system they can run out and look at their bike and see if it is in fact supported under the tranny and also in middle of the rear where the stock cross pipe was fastened, (there is a female threaded hole there to mount it too but nothing under the tranny. Thanks

Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't know about your model but on my '07 there is an exhaust bracket and a separate clamp that attaches under the tranny. The clamp slips onto the header pipe and bolts to the bracket. Did you have one on your stock header? If so, reuse it. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:35 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Don't know about your model but on my '07 there is an exhaust bracket and a separate clamp that attaches under the tranny. The clamp slips onto the header pipe and bolts to the bracket. Did you have one on your stock header? If so, reuse it. Good luck.
I do have one on the stock header but it's a welded tab w/ slot. Thanks