Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using the 'Back Off' brake light modulator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:11 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone using the 'Back Off' brake light modulator?

Has anyone installed the 'Back Off' brake light modulator with the LED brake lights? If so, how do you like it, and any tips/suggestions on installation? Or, any other suggestions on similar devices? Thanks!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I had one on a Sport-Bike few years ago. I didnt like having to splice into existing wiring but that may have changed. A lot has to be said for plug- n- play. Aside from that its pretty standard perhaps dated as there are less expensive models...again, the designs may have changed.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm not a fan of splicing, maybe it's just me. Did notice HD released a headlight modulator today. As well as a cable that allows you to control your spots independent of Hi/Low beam.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

I just installed a "Badass Tail-light" (LED) on my SG. It's plug and play, it modulates to your specification as there are multiple adjustments for intensity of light and type of modulation when you hit the brake.
I have a headlight modulator that modulates when ever the high beam is in use and there is daylight. My headlight is also LED (truck-light). The headlight and modulator are also plug and play.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,341 Likes on 3,187 Posts

I put one under my seat. Cut, but splice and heat shrink tubing. took me all of 30 minutes.
Including removing and re-installing the seat.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

My bike came with the flasher installed, do not know anything about it except it flashed. I added LEDs in the back, they are very bright which is why I bought them. I am happy with them.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

I have them on both cars (3rd brake light only) and my bike. It's a one wire splice, no big deal. Use a 'T' tap splice, available at Radio Shack, most larger auto parts stores, and probably any electronics supply stores.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Black_Hog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a BrightAss light and the two L.E.D. light bars on each side of the taillight. The BrightAss light flashes with an internal flasher. The two L.E.D. light bars are on the 'Back Off' brake light modulator. They flash four times then stay lit for a short time, then flash again and stay on. It continues as long as I hold the brake.

I’ve used the 'Back Off' brake light modulator with my last three bikes. My buddies say the rear of my bike lights up well.

I made the wires for the modulator to plug and play into the existing Harley wiring. No splicing and can be removed very easily.

This photo shows the same lights under the tour pack on my old Harley. The are also on a 'Back Off' brake light modulator.

Last edited by Black_Hog; 02-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 PM
12limited
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Customdynamics.com has a flasher/strobe box that is plug and play...it has 10 selectable flash patterns 4 for regular bulbs or LED's and 6 for just LED's . LED's you can flash them at a higher rate to really get the cages attention. They have a LED Blaster setting that will blind you.. I do not have a LED tail light on this bike yet... One is in the very near future. about $50 for the strobe box.
I been using thier LED's tail lights, turn signals and other LEDs on my previous bikes for years. They have a good tech support group and good products.

I do not work for them or own part of the company. Just a satisfied customer that will purchase again and again.

Street Magic® Gen2 Ultimate Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher

Old 02-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Artexman
Cruiser
Received 84 Likes on 25 Posts

Today I installed Custom Dynamics Bullet Style Complete LED Turn Signal Conversion Kit, it came with LED's front and rear, new lens covers, triple play conversion and a stabilizer....everything is plug and play

Quick Reply: Anyone using the 'Back Off' brake light modulator?