Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those of you that have Rush slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have the big louies but i do have rush slip-ons & i take my baffles out some times. the nut inside the baffle is the one thats welded not the one that you see at the back. i only run the one bolt & nut at the back (& so does a buddy of mine too) & have never had it come loose. i think you should just redrill the hole to make it the way you want it, yes it sucks you have to modify it to make it right witch should have come from the factory.

i wish i would have gone with the big louie instead of the 3.5" rush slip-ons (just for the look though)

Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
ican
Tourer
Default Rush

I'll have to check mine, but if they are crooked, no-one has noticed and they have be on a long time.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM
cyclops24
6th Gear

At this point, I can live with the canted baffle. I am more pissed about the two cans not looking uniform coming out the back. It is not off by more than 1/4" but it is noticeable if you take a look at it. I mic'd it to confirm and the left if definitely canted outward about 1/4" more than the right can. Yes I am that ****.

You'd think Rush would make sure that, 1. the baffles get put in correctly so they don't look goofy with the bar being canted as this can't be too hard or time consuming to do and 2. they use the same jig to weld these up each time so both cans would be uniform when mounted.

I took apart the rear mounts this morning hoping maybe they just needed adjusted slightly but they are still lopsided a bit. Maybe I will just return them and get something of higher quality or I can call Rush again and see what they are willing to do with this product to make it right. I wasn't impressed with their first response of "it is not the norm but it could pass QA cause it has no effect on performance". That tells me they don't really care if the product is 100% fit and finish wise as long as function isn't affected. I really want to be happy with these as they sound great and didn't break the bank at $389 shipped.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:38 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

See how long they bother you while getting ajusting to new bike. My 012 ultra has some inperfections that only I see. Don't lose the baffle !!!!! Locktite - weld -barbwire whatever it takes.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Just ride it! You won't notice it from the topside and chicks won't know the difference.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sound as **** as me with my toys just know its there will keep bothering you.It would me.Fix it if it can be or get them Rush to make it right. GOOD LUCK

Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclops24
At this point, I can live with the canted baffle. I am more pissed about the two cans not looking uniform coming out the back. It is not off by more than 1/4" but it is noticeable if you take a look at it. I mic'd it to confirm and the left if definitely canted outward about 1/4" more than the right can. Yes I am that ****.

You'd think Rush would make sure that, 1. the baffles get put in correctly so they don't look goofy with the bar being canted as this can't be too hard or time consuming to do and 2. they use the same jig to weld these up each time so both cans would be uniform when mounted.

I took apart the rear mounts this morning hoping maybe they just needed adjusted slightly but they are still lopsided a bit. Maybe I will just return them and get something of higher quality or I can call Rush again and see what they are willing to do with this product to make it right. I wasn't impressed with their first response of "it is not the norm but it could pass QA cause it has no effect on performance". That tells me they don't really care if the product is 100% fit and finish wise as long as function isn't affected. I really want to be happy with these as they sound great and didn't break the bank at $389 shipped.
I always try to put myself in the customers shoes and when you pay a lot of money for any accessory you expect it to be near flawless. Usually when a customer calls in about the baffle bar being off, it has happened a limited number of times, they are only concerned about the function and possible issues. Once we assure them it is only cosmetic they usually do not care. The carbon build up will turn everything black inside and most people checking out bikes don't bend over and look in the muffler. With that being said, I still understand why you are concerned about the appearance. I would feel the same way. The bars should be identical and I can send a replacement baffle. Please email me a pic of the bike from the back showing the bar alignment. I'll PM my contact info. My apologies for it not being handled in the first place.
Ryan

EDIT: cyclops24 doesn't have enough posts to send him a PM. Please send the email to sales@rushracingproducts.com and request it be forwarded to Ryan. Feel free to call if you prefer to speak in person.

Last edited by Rush Racing Products; 02-08-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,964 Likes on 19,387 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
I always try to put myself in the customers shoes and when you pay a lot of money for any accessory you expect it to be near flawless. Usually when a customer calls in about the baffle bar being off, it has happened a limited number of times, they are only concerned about the function and possible issues. Once we assure them it is only cosmetic they usually do not care. The carbon build up will turn everything black inside and most people checking out bikes don't bend over and look in the muffler. With that being said, I still understand why you are concerned about the appearance. I would feel the same way. The bars should be identical and I can send a replacement baffle. Please email me a pic of the bike from the back showing the bar alignment. I'll PM my contact info. My apologies for it not being handled in the first place.
Ryan

EDIT: cyclops24 doesn't have enough posts to send him a PM. Please send the email to sales@rushracingproducts.com and request it be forwarded to Ryan. Feel free to call if you prefer to speak in person.
Now that there is what I call customer service !!! Way to go Ryan!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:08 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

here is a picture of mine. Easier to notice being slash up.

Last edited by flashracer; 02-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:18 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Its obviously a design flaw and it's going to bother you or you wouldn't be talking about it so.....with only 11 miles on it call them up and get a RO # and send em back. If they cant sell you a product that meets your expectation of quality send the MF back and buy a product that installs and looks like you want it to. That's what I'd do ifen it bothered me to this extent. After all you didn't buy em at a discount and it's not like you've been riding it for several hundred miles...send em back and let us know which pipes you went with and what you think of those. Hell do a video so we can see and listen....go

Quick Reply: Question for those of you that have Rush slip ons