Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...

After a week on my new to me '11 RGU...
I'm heavily into the research phase of wakin' this slug up! I mean stock = embarassing! No sound, or power... it's just pathetic!
Not looking at cams just yet, but plan on a/c, headpipes/slipons, TTS dyi tune.
I've pm'd trusted sources who've recommended the FM headpipe...(of coarse, as it's a GREAT product.) Went through Jamie when workin' up my King, and was tickled to death with his products and support.

Just so happened that yesterday, I stopped by a local dealership.

Out of the service bay comes a '11 RGU (same as mine) sporting those TRUE DUAL RINEHARTS. The sound, is what I consider a Harley should be! (Absolutely AWESOME!) Now I'm wavering on the 2-1-2.

Question is....

I'm a "grunt" kinda guy. Love the thump in the low to medium rpms, rarely twist my ride up high.

Is there no way to achieve a healthy low/mid range running those awesome soundin' Rineys?

I'm all the way back to confused...

What say ye?

Beav

Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master

Rineharts use to be my favorite pipe/mufflers for these Baggers until I heard the Fatbaggers True Duals at Daytona last year... About the same loudness as RH (maybe a lil bit louder) but deeper and more bass. Not sure the cost difference but their head pipe is better than RH's also. Dyno chart on their website compares the same bike with RH's compared to theirs also.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:39 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master

http://store.fatbaggers.com/fbitrduex.html

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=dFgbEqvqgQQ

Video really don't do it justice but if you're considering true duals these are top notch IMO.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My current Road King is the fourth bike I've used the Rinehart true duals on, but the first one I've used the 4" ones on.

I've never found a bagger exhaust I liked better.

Attached Thumbnails Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...-2009-flhr-24.jpg  
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

If you really wanna be talked OUT of them, I'll tell you why I hated mine. I'll never consider them again, and the sound wasn't much different then the Rush slip-ons I had on my Classic.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I took mine off my '07 Ultra and sold 'em because my wife couldn't keep her damn foot off the left pipe and I got tired off cleaning off the remnants of her shoes. Went to a Propipe and LOVED it. I will be going back to a Propipe on the '11 at some point.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts

I've had mine since '04 I think. The only complaint that I have is that they don't stand behind the black tips turning purple. I finally just painted mine with 2000* paint and gladly painted over the Rinehart etched into them.

If I were to get a new set of pipes, I'd probably buy Bub 7. Basically the same pipe just a different look.

BTW - just looked at those Fatbagger pipes. Can't stand the straight pipes front to back. Yuk.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM
blockzilla
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never had a set of Rinehart true Duals , but if your looking for "waking it up " performance wise , do some research before you buy ,... I did alot of research on the web before I bought pipes, (from people in the business) not just people on a forum "not bashing anyone here by any means" ... and discovered that the overwhelming response about them is that they were the worst performing pipes/mufflers available.... Like I said , I have no personal experience with them , just thought you might want to check them out a little further if you are wanting some performance ,not just sound... (they were actually rated worse than stock pipes .....Good luck with your decision... (anything sounds better than stock pipes !!!!!)

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
FSCparrothead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put on Rineharts on my 11 SG I was really wanting the bassani mega phones but I was able to pick up a used set of rhineharts for $200, the chrome was chipped up on the bottom from a couple years of driving down a dirt road. I wanted Black pipes so I picked them up and had them ceramic coated black now they look brand new.

Im not a big fan of rineharts since it seems to be what everyone is running around this area.......but for the price I couldnt pass them up. I like the look and sound of the mega phones better, but im a sucker for a deal.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Went with 4" Rineys behind V&H dresser duals and got the look, sound and performance I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...