Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless things have changed, I beleive that the Rinehart TDs are a stepped header system that results in a 3 in diameter connection at the muffler. The result is that you end up with very limited options should you ever decide to swap mufflers.

If it was me and I was hell bent on having Rinehart TD's, I think I'd go with the V & H Dresser Duals and the Rinehart 4 in slip-ons..... or another muffler of choice.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Unless things have changed, I beleive that the Rinehart TDs are a stepped header system that results in a 3 in diameter connection at the muffler. The result is that you end up with very limited options should you ever decide to swap mufflers.

If it was me and I was hell bent on having Rinehart TD's, I think I'd go with the V & H Dresser Duals and the Rinehart 4 in slip-ons..... or another muffler of choice.
I have seen and heard this set up several times... it does look better than the RH header for sure. Sounds about the same to me. One other thing that I didnt like about the RH's... the very annoying chirping you get... but maybe that is the case with most of the TD systems... IDK?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MGS true dual exhaust system produces an increase by 12+ foot pounds of torque on a stock bike. The exhaust note is deep and rich. Check out this video that highlights the install and dyno-run on a 2010 Street Glide: http://youtu.be/xxm-9CsimD0
Check out this article from Hot Bike Baggers from the July 2010 issue of Hot Bike Baggers Mag, By Ernie Lopez http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/1007_...tem/index.html
We built these exhaust systems because we just weren't satisfied with everything else out there. We used to run Bubs or Rineharts on everything we had, but got tired of the sudden drop in torque when you needed to pass a car or worse a truck! Every customer that has installed a set of the MGS true duals has been more than satisfied with the quality, sound and power increase.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I went with V&H dresser duals because didnt like the look of the pipes crossing each other

Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
The MGS true dual exhaust system produces an increase by 12+ foot pounds of torque on a stock bike. The exhaust note is deep and rich. Check out this video that highlights the install and dyno-run on a 2010 Street Glide: http://youtu.be/xxm-9CsimD0
Check out this article from Hot Bike Baggers from the July 2010 issue of Hot Bike Baggers Mag, By Ernie Lopez http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/1007_...tem/index.html
We built these exhaust systems because we just weren't satisfied with everything else out there. We used to run Bubs or Rineharts on everything we had, but got tired of the sudden drop in torque when you needed to pass a car or worse a truck! Every customer that has installed a set of the MGS true duals has been more than satisfied with the quality, sound and power increase.

O.K. I'm interested. Sounds too good to be true. Research will now begin!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I love my Rineharts but the extreme true dual headpipe covers your trans and oil dip stick which makes it hard to check levels when the bike has been warmed up, not impossible but an inconvenience the same. It's one I can live with!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That is a great video, and a great option. The gain you mention is from just the pipes, or from changing pipes, AC, and tuning. Sounds like in the video he mentions changing the AC and tune as well.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I went the with Rinehart 4 inch slip-ons. I did try the TD headers but went back to stock. I really like the look of the TD's but my already ringing ears can't handle the extra noise they put out. I know...I'm a loser!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
MGS Performance
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
That is a great video, and a great option. The gain you mention is from just the pipes, or from changing pipes, AC, and tuning. Sounds like in the video he mentions changing the AC and tune as well.
The video is with adding an AC & tune. This gave the bike 13 lbs of torque increase. To give you an idea, when you put on a pair of Rineharts, AC & tune you get 7 lbs of torque increase over stock. Ernie from Hot Bike Baggers did ask us to dyno the bike before adding the AC & tune and we got an 8 ft lbs of torque increase, but the bike was running very lean without the AC & tune. If you put exhaust on your bike, you need an AC & tune if you want it to run right. I don't think very many people out there slap on an exhaust without adding an AC & tune as well. It's bad for the bike and doesn't make sense to do. I hope everyone dyno-tunes their bike when making performance part changes or at least gets a generic MAP for their tuner or ECU. We prefer the power commander for our installs. Hope that answered your question.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:54 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MGS Custom Bikes
The video is with adding an AC & tune. This gave the bike 13 lbs of torque increase. To give you an idea, when you put on a pair of Rineharts, AC & tune you get 7 lbs of torque increase over stock. Ernie from Hot Bike Baggers did ask us to dyno the bike before adding the AC & tune and we got an 8 ft lbs of torque increase, but the bike was running very lean without the AC & tune. If you put exhaust on your bike, you need an AC & tune if you want it to run right. I don't think very many people out there slap on an exhaust without adding an AC & tune as well. It's bad for the bike and doesn't make sense to do. I hope everyone dyno-tunes their bike when making performance part changes or at least gets a generic MAP for their tuner or ECU. We prefer the power commander for our installs. Hope that answered your question.
Pipes look great and sound fantastic. Well done. Had I known those dyno figures in comparisson I would have gone that route.

Quick Reply: Talk me outta Rinehart TD's...