Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info wanted on '12 RKC pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 PM
DC4MVP
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Info wanted on '12 RKC pricing

I just bought a 2012 Road King Classic in the hot pearl while this past Saturday. Since it's my first Harley purchase, I brought a friend of mine who has owned 4-5 HD's including a two within the past 5 years (Softy Deluxe and Ultra Limited).

He helped me figure out a price range and I told the salesman the price I wanted and I got it + Tax/Title. My biker friend told me he liked the price.

Then today at work, I had a couple riders tell me they could have gotten in for cheaper.

So I'm curious to know (if you want to share the info) what you paid for your '12 RKC or what you heard they're going out the door for (not MSRP).

Any info would be great!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,495 Likes on 2,680 Posts

And, what, if you dont like what we say, you're going to return it? Its easy to say he could have gotten it cheaper, actually getting it cheaper is more difficult.

You were happy with the deal, so my advice is....

Just ride the thing, dude!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if you could have put a few hundred miles on your new bike this week, you would not have even thought of this. You would have a $hit eating grin on your face and the money wouldn't matter. We have too much time on our hands not riding here right now.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
DC4MVP
Tourer

Originally Posted by Keithhu
And, what, if you dont like what we say, you're going to return it? Its easy to say he could have gotten it cheaper, actually getting it cheaper is more difficult.

You were happy with the deal, so my advice is....

Just ride the thing, dude!
No not at all. Already threw the down payment on it.

Just a curiosity thing.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,640 Posts

What did you pay...may we ask...???

Old 02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,495 Likes on 2,680 Posts

Originally Posted by DC4MVP
No not at all. Already threw the down payment on it.

Just a curiosity thing.
I've learned to stop killing myself over this kind of stuff, you could be different, but I used to stew over these "did I over spend?" thoughts, It'll drive ya nuts.

It will go away once it warms up.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:22 PM
DC4MVP
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iceman24
What did you pay...may we ask...???
$19,225 (tax/title included) including free delivery (which should be free anyway, dangit!) and he said he'd take some money off the new handle bars I'm getting thrown on it right off the bat..

But yea, I really don't care. If there is a price difference, it'll (hopefully) only be a couple hundred rather than $1000. That's what my biker friend said: Most dealers will only vary by a couple hundred anyway.

If it is more than I expected, it's a learning lesson considering this is my first vehicle purchase where I had to bargain my own price. (Our salesman at our Ford dealer has been dealing with my family for 25+ years so there's NO need to bargain as he automatically gives us the lowest price he can.)

Hell, can you put a price on owning a Harley? I guess I won't officially know until this damn snow is gone! Actually it is mostly gone here in Minnesota...

Last edited by DC4MVP; 02-02-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote]I just bought a 2012 Road King Classic ... a couple riders tell me they could have gotten in for cheaper....[quote]

You'll never know unless they produce the papers to prove it....
...if you're happy (sounds like you are), just let it go in one ear and out the other -- that kinda crap should not park in your head -- and, it is crap unless they document their "talk"!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DC4MVP
$19,225 (tax/title included) including free delivery (which should be free anyway, dangit!) and he said he'd take some money off the new handle bars I'm getting thrown on it right off the bat..

But yea, I really don't care. If there is a price difference, it'll (hopefully) only be a couple hundred rather than $1000. That's what my biker friend said: Most dealers will only vary by a couple hundred anyway.

If it is more than I expected, it's a learning lesson considering this is my first vehicle purchase where I had to bargain my own price. (Our salesman at our Ford dealer has been dealing with my family for 25+ years so there's NO need to bargain as he automatically gives us the lowest price he can.)

Hell, can you put a price on owning a Harley? I guess I won't officially know until this damn snow is gone! Actually it is mostly gone here in Minnesota...
I think you did good! I paid $18k OTD for my 2011 this past August after the 2012s were out. They threw in the heritage style bars, backrest, and luggage rack. They were asking right at 20k for the 2012s then.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM
DC4MVP
Tourer

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I think you did good! I paid $18k OTD for my 2011 this past August after the 2012s were out. They threw in the heritage style bars, backrest, and luggage rack. They were asking right at 20k for the 2012s then.
Not bad!

How do you like the Heritage bars on the RK? That's what I'm looking at getting thrown on before they deliver it. I believe the Heritage's are 14" while the stock RK is 7"?

Quick Reply: Info wanted on '12 RKC pricing