Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmandave
Took fairing off yesterday, cranked up and shook every connection with no cut off. Next phase, ignition switch. This my seem like a stupid questions, when talking ignition switch, is it the turning **** or the what's below?

Thanks
the what's below

Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmandave
Lowcountry, that is an awesome looking scoot. Really like the color combo. Thanks for the link. Told the wife no plans for sunday, i'll be playing with the other women. Someday I'll figure out how to add a pic in my profile.
Thanks Dave. I still have a few things cosmetically I would like to do to the rig, but so far I have really enjoyed it. You will like your Vstream shield. It's literally bullet proof, and does a great job of directing the wind blasts. It's thicker than the stock, but that's a good thing in my book.

It's entirely possible that there is a pinched wire or something being cramped or pressured inside the faring just enough to cause a pin or two within a connector to become intermittent. Just keep at it, you will find the issue. When you get frustrated, walk away and do something else. When you come back to it later or maybe even the next day, you will be all good in your head and make progress. Good luck.