Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inner fairing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM
hotrod88
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inner fairing question

I've got a painted inner fairing coming soon but it doesn't have holes for my mirrors. I want to use the chrome ones that came on the 2012 seflhx my question they say the mirrors come with a template does this do a pretty good putting it in the stock location?? is a piece of paper or what ??

Thanks

Old 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

If your painted inner fairing is coming from Harley it too will have the template. But to answer your question, the template works. Follow the instructions. Read them twice. Place the template as instructed. Double check that you are drilling the right hole with the right drill bit. When I did my inner fairing swap I really hated drilling those holes as once you drill them there is no turning back. But once all was said and done the template put the holes right where they needed to be.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hotrod88
I've got a painted inner fairing coming soon but it doesn't have holes for my mirrors. I want to use the chrome ones that came on the 2012 seflhx my question they say the mirrors come with a template does this do a pretty good putting it in the stock location?? is a piece of paper or what ??

Thanks
Good time to put Mirrors on the bars that you can see whats coming at you from behind. I took my mirrors off my Street Glide because all I could see was my knuckles. Went to Home Depot got plugs painted them and walla holes are plugged and i can see behind me. IMO

Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Encosi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tidbit1
Good time to put Mirrors on the bars that you can see whats coming at you from behind. I took my mirrors off my Street Glide because all I could see was my knuckles. Went to Home Depot got plugs painted them and walla holes are plugged and i can see behind me. IMO
I have a painted inner fairing and because I like the look I drilled my fairing to mount the mirrors and I found that the Arlen Ness Mini Ovals give me far more range then my bar top mirrors did. With the added effect of not having my bike look like Mickey Mouse from in Front lol.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:31 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Encosi
I have a painted inner fairing and because I like the look I drilled my fairing to mount the mirrors and I found that the Arlen Ness Mini Ovals give me far more range then my bar top mirrors did. With the added effect of not having my bike look like Mickey Mouse from in Front lol.

Cool with the apes i guess you can see better. With factory bars i couldn't see anything but my knuckles. Looks good just hope you can see before you go over on someone. Hey that's just me.

Ride safe

Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Template works fine, just dbl check everything before you drill. Like they say measure twice, cut once.

Had on mine until I get painted then moved em back to the bars.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Encosi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tidbit1
Cool with the apes i guess you can see better. With factory bars i couldn't see anything but my knuckles. Looks good just hope you can see before you go over on someone. Hey that's just me.

Ride safe
I actually saw my mirrors for the first time on a stock SG because he complained of the same thing. The mirrors are very adjustable and he said he could see plenty outside of his hands.