Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush exhaust for new bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:16 AM
timberdoodle
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush exhaust for new bike

Just ordered my new Electra Glide. My plans are to put on the heavy breather kit, true dual headers and Rush slip-ons with the 2.25 baffles. Also planning on a tuner to keep things running good. I have got a lot of info from this site already but one of my main questions is if there is going to be any real performance advantage with the 2.25 baffle compared to the 2 in other than it being louder with the setup i have indicated. Would there also be significant difference in mpg once it is tuned properly for each baffle size?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, but I'd say the baffle diameter won't change anything but sound, because that packing around the Rush baffles burns off, and they get a little louder anyway, after 1500 -- 2000 miles. See what anybody else says, who might know what they're talking about! I had 3.5" Rush mufflers with a 2.5" baffle on my EG Classic. I now have the Rush 4" Big Louies & 2.5" baffles on my 103 Limited Ultra.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM
myillearth
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best bet is to contact Rush they are a vendor here and have very good customer service. My bike came with rush slip on 2.5 baffles. When I went to a we air cleaner and tuner I had to reduce baffles to 2 in for better performance

Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Give Jamie at FuelMoto a call.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/

Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by timberdoodle
Just ordered my new Electra Glide. My plans are to put on the heavy breather kit, true dual headers and Rush slip-ons with the 2.25 baffles. Also planning on a tuner to keep things running good. I have got a lot of info from this site already but one of my main questions is if there is going to be any real performance advantage with the 2.25 baffle compared to the 2 in other than it being louder with the setup i have indicated. Would there also be significant difference in mpg once it is tuned properly for each baffle size?
Thanks for considering Rush on your new bike! There will not be a noticeable performance difference from the 2.00" to the 2.25" when properly tuned. The 2.00" will produce more bottom end performance but it is minimal when compared to the 2.25". Realistically the quality of the tune will have a greater effect than the baffle size. Both baffle sizes will produce a nice performance gain over the stock system, even with true dual headpipes. The 2.00" will have better mpg with a proper tune but again the difference is minimal.
Please let me know if you would like more info.
Thanks,
Ryan