Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a good price on a leftover 2011 Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
HDFFR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good price on a leftover 2011 Roadglide

Dealer has a leftover 2011 Roadglide custom with the upgraded paint ( Sedona Orange ) MSRP 19499. The will take 1,000 off that price and not charge freight and prep ( I wouldn't pay that anyway on a new bike ). I figure there cost is around 16500 and they would want to get rid of an 2011 in this economy. They offered around 7000 on my 04 Flh Standard with 49,000 miles. I was thinking 9000 to 9500 plus my bike, Am I way off base or in the ballpark on price. Thanks for the imput.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

$1k under under msrp with no fee's is probably about the best you can do on the bike. But definitely ask for at least a 20% discount off parts and accessories at delivery. If the accessory also requires labor then ask for free labor to install the accessory.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
$1k under under msrp with no fee's is probably about the best you can do on the bike. But definitely ask for at least a 20% discount off parts and accessories at delivery. If the accessory also requires labor then ask for free labor to install the accessory.

+1 It's still a new bike. The only difference between it and a 12 is the oil dipstick. Sedona Orange is a stock color..... unless you are talking about an upgrade from black.

What engine? Security? Cruise control?

If you don't buy it, someone else will. We're getting into the time of year that it's a seller market. Spring is right around the corner...... at least I keep telling myself that

Last edited by shooter5074; 01-30-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You should be able to do better than $1K off MSRP on a leftover 2011. I was able to get that much with no BS fees, shipping or setup when 2012 models were only two weeks away. I would shoot for at least $2K off MSRP and then some goodies thrown in. It is "fugly" afterall

Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
It is "fugly" afterall
that means that the price should go up

good luck. down here, there are not that many deals to be had. msrp, fees, dealer prep, freight all pretty much standard here. even on leftovers.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

R U KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1k off MSRP, that's a joke

we just bought my buddy a bike, brand new 2012 EG Limited, yes the Limited

the damn thing has a MSRP of close to or just over $26k

he walked out the door $19... something and with taxes + fees we were on the trailer with the new bike (5 miles on it) for $21600 (rounding, it was 216XX something that won't matter to this discussion)

that is a brand new, 2012 (not a demo, 5 miles on it) not damaged, EG Limited

Holy crap if you folks up north think 1k off MSRP and no set up fees is a good deal, you need to get on a plane today, fly down to Orlando, FL and rent a car and drive over to Seminole HD and pick out your new bike and have it shipped home to you

with the cost of airfair, car rental, shipping charges, you will still be about $4k ahead of the game compared to what you are speaking about

Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf
R U KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1k off MSRP, that's a joke

we just bought my buddy a bike, brand new 2012 EG Limited, yes the Limited

the damn thing has a MSRP of close to or just over $26k

he walked out the door $19... something and with taxes + fees we were on the trailer with the new bike (5 miles on it) for $21600 (rounding, it was 216XX something that won't matter to this discussion)

that is a brand new, 2012 (not a demo, 5 miles on it) not damaged, EG Limited

Holy crap if you folks up north think 1k off MSRP and no set up fees is a good deal, you need to get on a plane today, fly down to Orlando, FL and rent a car and drive over to Seminole HD and pick out your new bike and have it shipped home to you

with the cost of airfair, car rental, shipping charges, you will still be about $4k ahead of the game compared to what you are speaking about
thats the problem....its all about location. If we were smart, we would have a thread with continual updates just for completed sales and price out the door. This would help the newb who may only need to drive a hour out into the sticks to save a few grand. In the Metro NYC area, you can't get any flexibility on prices...there is a numbers game...but the base is jacked up with as indicated by the Op, charges for paint that is a stock color, charges for pin striping, and other BS.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I got my 2011 FLTRX Vivid Black on July 2 2011 when the 2012 were just hitting the floor. I got it for 18,500 with 5 yr ESP (7 total ) tire and wheel ESP, PowerPak option (103, cruise and ABS) and 20% off parts for 1 year and 10% off labor, no set up fee. with Ca tax and lic it was $ 20,518 OTD

Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
charges for paint that is a stock color
Any color other than black, is more money.

2011 FLTRX no options

$18,999 msrp for black
$19,479 msrp for colors

It's always been that way.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
thats the problem....its all about location. If we were smart, we would have a thread with continual updates just for completed sales and price out the door. This would help the newb who may only need to drive a hour out into the sticks to save a few grand. In the Metro NYC area, you can't get any flexibility on prices...there is a numbers game...but the base is jacked up with as indicated by the Op, charges for paint that is a stock color, charges for pin striping, and other BS.

yeah, but for the price difference, its worth coming down to FL from NY on one of those cheapy airfairs they run, just to get the paperwork done and have the bike shipped back to you

Quick Reply: Whats a good price on a leftover 2011 Roadglide