Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats a good price on a leftover 2011 Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wcsj55@yahoo.com
I call this BS,no Dealer is going to take $7,000 off of MSRP of a 2012 he has to make some kinda profit !!
+1

I called Seminole HD yesterday, thinking they might be willing to deal on a new bike for my wife.

He quoted me MSRP, so I asked if they would come down in price...."Nope" was the answer

http://www.seminoleharley.com/ they have an 800 number...... ask for yourself.

Last edited by shooter5074; 01-31-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
tacodoc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.P. see if the FL. guy will store it till April or May depending on the weather and salt residue left on the roads once its clear and clean fly, train or bus it down and ride it home. 19k for a 2012 RG is'nt that bad depending on color and if it has cruise, abs and sec.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wcsj55@yahoo.com
I call this BS,no Dealer is going to take $7,000 off of MSRP of a 2012 he has to make some kinda profit !!

it's no BS

he paid $19k and change price

OTD he paid $216XX

NO TRADE, no nothing

You can choose to believe or not, but I can tell you this, if you don't believe me, call Seminole HD outside of Orlando Florida and buy one for yourself.

We picked it up on Dec 30th, and along with his, we saw 2 other Limited EG's get delivered to customers, and an Ultra Classic

They move volume at Seminole HD - oh yeah, probably doesn't hurt that they are within 45 mins of Destination Daytona and love beating their prices all day long.

I have no reason to lie, i'm not affiliated with them at all, but I do like passing along savings stories when they are out there.

Oh yeah, if you still care, that was about a $900 deal in profit total, they were into holdback and everything on that deal, if you don't know what that is, then you've probably never worked in the automobile or motorcycle business.

It's not that I think all dealers will do these kinds of deals, but there is a lot of competition down here in FL for your business, get a price, drive 30 mins maybe 1 hour and see the next HD dealer and work your magic.

IF YOU DON'T THINK THERE IS THAT KIND OF MARKUP IN A TOP OF THE LINE EG LIMITED YOU"RE KIDDING YOURSELF

these dealers make money.

In fact once we had that price, I called my dealership in Stuart, FL (Treasure Coast HD) talked to the manager and told him the deal, he called me back in 3 mins to tell me, that IF they had that bike they would do the deal also, but they didn't have a merlot limited on the floor and probably wouldn't have one for 3 weeks, and that the deal was only about a $900 deal (so it's very lean they said) BUT they also said they would do it also.

so that's when we knew the price he got was a real deal and not some BS go shopping and watch everyone laugh at you, and we picked up the bike 2 days later.

I am just putting information out there, that is what a forum is good for, if people have information, then they are a more informed consumer, if others want to walk in and pay MSRP or $1k off MSRP that is their deal, work whatever you can get, I am just getting info out there, my buddy paid $21,6XX OTD taxes, new tag, all dealer fees everything

I loaded it on the trailer and we took it home on Dec 30th 2011 - so this is a current deal

Old 01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by shooter5074
+1

I called Seminole HD yesterday, thinking they might be willing to deal on a new bike for my wife.

He quoted me MSRP, so I asked if they would come down in price...."Nope" was the answer

http://www.seminoleharley.com/ they have an 800 number...... ask for yourself.

don't know what to tell you there, maybe they don't quote prices over the phone, I can tell you this, when I called them about a 2011 SG with the power pak w/ cruise (over the phone) I was at $20650 or something very close to that OTD (no trade) just the bike

maybe becuase I am in FL they think it could be a real deal versus where you were calling from.

Folks, I have no reason to lie or mislead - I am just passing along info, do with it what you want

Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lgenf
don't know what to tell you there, maybe they don't quote prices over the phone, I can tell you this, when I called them about a 2011 SG with the power pak w/ cruise (over the phone) I was at $20650 or something very close to that OTD (no trade) just the bike

maybe becuase I am in FL they think it could be a real deal versus where you were calling from.

Folks, I have no reason to lie or mislead - I am just passing along info, do with it what you want

Take a picture of the invoice (bill of sale) he got and post it here (with personal info removed of course)

A 2011 SG is $21289 MSRP with those options....$639 savings. My dealer would do that.

The OP was going to get $1000 off, and you called that a joke..... care to retract that, in light of your $639 savings?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

Take a picture of the invoice (bill of sale) he got and post it here (with personal info removed of course)

A 2011 SG is $21289 MSRP with those options....$639 savings. My dealer would do that.

The OP was going to get $1000 off, and you called that a joke..... care to retract that, in light of your $639 savings?

I was $20650 OTD on the 2011SG power pak and cruise, when I say OTD I am not talking abobut price, I am speaking about delivered

and actually I am on the phone with my buddy and he's looking for his paperwork right now and we are going to post up the buyers order for all to see

Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

I was $20650 OTD on the 2011SG power pak and cruise, when I say OTD I am not talking abobut price, I am speaking about delivered

and actually I am on the phone with my buddy and he's looking for his paperwork right now and we are going to post up the buyers order for all to see

I just called Seminole again....... MSRP. They did say they would eat the freight and prep. But that's as low as they would go.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

I just called Seminole again....... MSRP. They did say they would eat the freight and prep. But that's as low as they would go.

don't know what to tell you there boss, we are getting the buyers order for all to see now

i also don't know what bike you are calling on, I can only speak about my own experience there

Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member

don't know what to tell you there boss, we are getting the buyers order for all to see now

i also don't know what bike you are calling on, I can only speak about my own experience there
I called about a 2012 FLHX The difference in price from them and my local dealer would not pay for a trip down there to pick it up, and ride it back.... let alone having it shipped.

Last edited by shooter5074; 01-31-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

OK, I have to admit when I am wrong........

it was not $216XX OTD it was $21462 OTD

You guys got me, I was full of ****, the deal was better then even I remembered

Quick Reply: Whats a good price on a leftover 2011 Roadglide