Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone had issues/problems with the Power Vision?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Has anyone had issues/problems with the Power Vision?

I'm having my true duals and Rinehart 4"s put on and I have to make my tuning choice. The dealer is really pushing their $599 for the SERT and I'm leaning towards the Power Vision. Then the service guy proceeds to tell me how power commanders fry ECMs. I told him is not a piggy back system....he said "you can do it, but it voids your warranty....and I'll want a dyno tune to dial it in perfect anyways.". I just have to pick a way to tune it somehow....

Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,604 Likes on 2,725 Posts

The guy is full of ****, find another dealer. Get the PV and a map from Jamie. His maps are based on bikes that have been dyno'd with your specific combo. So it will be very very close. Most people that I know of are happy with his maps. Plus you can record your riding and send your logs to Jamie for fine tuning.

Just get the PV

I'm editing this post now because ********* like the ******** at your dealer make me angry. Voids the warranty? My dealer sells PVs and they are investing in training their staff on them. So tell that jerk at the dealer you used to go to to go f*ck himself.

Last edited by Keithhu; 01-30-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
I'm having my true duals and Rinehart 4"s put on and I have to make my tuning choice. The dealer is really pushing their $599 for the SERT and I'm leaning towards the Power Vision. Then the service guy proceeds to tell me how power commanders fry ECMs. I told him is not a piggy back system....he said "you can do it, but it voids your warranty....and I'll want a dyno tune to dial it in perfect anyways.". I just have to pick a way to tune it somehow....
I do not understand why so many people take this kind of lip from dealers? I wouldn't set foot in there again.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no issues here. bought it from jamie with map for my setup, programmed it, made a few phone calls and emails for clarification and then never touched it again. it was awesome! my dealer doesnt care either.

tin

Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain

[quote=Keithhu;9324905]The guy is full of ****, find another dealer. Get the PV and a map from Jamie. His maps are based on bikes that have been dyno'd with your specific combo. So it will be very very close. Most people that I know of are happy with his maps. Plus you can record your riding and send your logs to Jamie for fine tuning.
This is what I just did and it worked out great, Call FuelMoto and talk to Jamie, He knows what he is talking about.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

The funny thing is that the guy mentioned the Cobra Fi2000, which is aftermarket and it is an auto tuner. I'm just gonna go with the Power Vision and if they won't flash it, I will.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

The funny thing is that the guy mentioned the Cobra Fi2000, which is aftermarket and it is an auto tuner. I'm just gonna go with the Power Vision and if they won't flash it, I will.
Why would you even ask them to flash it? The instructions are very easy with very few steps and big buttons, I'm scratchin my head as to why you wouldnt do this yourself.

[edit] sorry if that sounded harsh, not my intention - If you can use Photoshop (sorry for outing you, LOL), then you can flash yer bike dude.

Last edited by Keithhu; 01-30-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Why would you even ask them to flash it? The instructions are very easy with very few steps and big buttons, I'm scratchin my head as to why you wouldnt do this yourself.

[edit] sorry if that sounded harsh, not my intention - If you can use Photoshop (sorry for outing you, LOL), then you can flash yer bike dude.
I know I can do it, its their mentality...."pipes, air cleaner...do you want a stage one download or us to tune it?" I say neither, and they look at me like I have an ******* on my eyebrow! I don't want them running it with the new stuff on it in EPA lean conditions....although I'm sure it wouldn't harm anything if it was for a little bit.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

I know I can do it, its their mentality...."pipes, air cleaner...do you want a stage one download or us to tune it?" I say neither, and they look at me like I have an ******* on my eyebrow! I don't want them running it with the new stuff on it in EPA lean conditions....although I'm sure it wouldn't harm anything if it was for a little bit.
Pipes and AC will be fine, the ECM will adjust, there have been no reports of bikes blowing up from the ride home (or at all for that matter). HD engineers will tell you that (and have publicly), so what does this dealer know?

Heck, flash it in the parking lot, it will take maybe 6 minutes.

Then ask them why they have to wipe their asses after every time they talk.

But arent they just going to drop it off at your house? My dealer has free pickup/delivery, wouldnt be surprised if these dorks dont do that

Last edited by Keithhu; 01-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Morris9982
Road Captain

I know of no reason why you couldn't flash it before you took it in. I would be really surprise if it ran badly with stock parts and a better map.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had issues/problems with the Power Vision?