Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Stretched Saddlebags - Who's Got 'Em?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Glen1978
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to put some on my bike. They dont have exhaust cutouts though? So you basically have to "build" the complete lower section of them or what? Sounds kinda janky to me.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen1978
I would love to put some on my bike. They dont have exhaust cutouts though? So you basically have to "build" the complete lower section of them or what? Sounds kinda janky to me.
Im just finishing up a set of sinister bags and fender, My bags came with cutouts on each bag if you had something other than twin pipes you have to purchase their plug to fill the void. Having both solid makes sense to me. The bag rail portion would still be there just not cut through. The bags and fender and bike will take a little tuning to get everything to line up.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepacman
I've heard and seen their work. The website says they come with no exhaust cutouts. Maybe they meant to say you can now get the without cutouts?

Also, I would prefer to get then painted and shipped so they're ready to roll (like Baddad and FBI Inc.)
Nativecustombaggers had the Sinister bags with the exhaust cutouts discounted on their website just last week... and I believe they will do the paint as well. Call Paul out there and he can tell you for sure. 269-276-9200

Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
Nativecustombaggers had the Sinister bags with the exhaust cutouts discounted on their website just last week... and I believe they will do the paint as well. Call Paul out there and he can tell you for sure. 269-276-9200

He doesn't have any of the "old" style in stock.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HighLiner
He doesn't have any of the "old" style in stock.
Damn! They were on his website last Monday... Week late on this post apparently! Sorry!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you like the look of the CVO bags check out the thread on eastern performance saddlebags. They're actually made by vtwin mfg. I paid 379 shipped from Eastern Performance. Dropped them off at the painter last friday.

Guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between a stock CVO bag and these. Just as thick and testfitting on the bike they fit perfetly.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 465 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by SDVmnt
If you like the look of the CVO bags check out the thread on eastern performance saddlebags. They're actually made by vtwin mfg. I paid 379 shipped from Eastern Performance. Dropped them off at the painter last friday.

Guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between a stock CVO bag and these. Just as thick and testfitting on the bike they fit perfetly.
Thats good news. I ordered a set this weekend.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those vtwin bags are really nice. We have a set at work and compared them to the hd bags and they are identical. Price is also unbeatable

Old 01-31-2012, 12:22 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a set from Eastern performance hope they are as advertised. The last set I bought from them was complete junk! Was not same manufacture they were Fairing Factory junk!
Anyway should be here next week!So I need to order the skid plates. I am tired of tearing my bags all to **** in the corners.

Last edited by BIGVTWIN; 01-31-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 465 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGVTWIN
I just bought a set from Eastern performance hope they are as advertised. The last set I bought from them was complete junk! Was not same manufacture they were Fairing Factory junk!
Anyway should be here next week!So I need to order the skid plates. I am tired of tearing my bags all to **** in the corners.
Mine came today. They look and fit as good as the stock ones. About 10 or 20 minutes of block sanding on each and they will be ready for paint.

Quick Reply: ABS Stretched Saddlebags - Who's Got 'Em?