Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012 | 02:22 PM
Deer Stalker
|
Road Master
Default Corbin seats

Evening all

I expect a fair few members here have Corbin seats - in the UK they are pretty tough to get hold of and the best way it would seem is to buy direct via the internet.

The big question of course is from order how low has that typically taken for members? I'mm sure I remember seeing in some seat threads in the past that its taken months for tese to turn up.

I'm after the Classic Solo with backrest - yes I could contact them and ask but I'm after experiences please..

Old 01-29-2012 | 02:34 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I purchased mine in the later put of 2010, it took about 6 weeks to receive. But most of the employees take there vacations in November and December which is the time frame I ordered mine. The told me normally around 4 weeks.

Old 01-29-2012 | 03:27 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

i spent hard earned money for a premium priced corbin seat.

it showed up, hard as hell- no good for longer than 40 minutes at a time.

call corbin, they said 'don't worry, the foam will break in- call us back if it doesn't"

well it didn't.

the response when i called back was "too late"

by then ( 9 months) the vinyl basketweave seat covering was cracking

( they said 'sun" i said the only time it's out in the sun is when my a$$ is on it).

anyway a terrifically disappointing experience.

I wrote Mike Corbin, no reply, but i promised him I would tell my story to fellow riders at each chance.

they may have changed mgmt. since then but I wouldn't waste the money again to find out

caveat emptor

mike

Old 01-29-2012 | 04:23 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mkguitar
i spent hard earned money for a premium priced corbin seat.

it showed up, hard as hell- no good for longer than 40 minutes at a time.

call corbin, they said 'don't worry, the foam will break in- call us back if it doesn't"

well it didn't.

the response when i called back was "too late"

by then ( 9 months) the vinyl basketweave seat covering was cracking

( they said 'sun" i said the only time it's out in the sun is when my a$$ is on it).

anyway a terrifically disappointing experience.

I wrote Mike Corbin, no reply, but i promised him I would tell my story to fellow riders at each chance.

they may have changed mgmt. since then but I wouldn't waste the money again to find out

caveat emptor

mike
Nope same person runs the place. My classic solo is good for a fuel stop and I am wanting off. then after the first fuel stop i look forward to the next one even sooner.

Old 01-29-2012 | 04:24 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

I love my Corbin seat, haven't found another seat that's as good for the long rides. Had a Mustang, never found it to be comfortable, except for short hops.

Ordered mine from Corbin, got it in less than a week. Obviously it was in stock when I ordered it. (Classic solo). Good customer service, and when I need another seat, Corbin will be the first call I make.

Seats are an individual preference. The guys who have them tend to love them, but you'll find other guys who have tried them and just don't care for them.

Old 01-29-2012 | 04:39 PM
mjb765
Tourer

Corbin usually takes 4-6 weeks to arrive....The quality is usually good, but not everybody likes them. I had a Corbin on my last bike and I could go all day and still be comfortable. I just ordered a Corbin for my current ride after trying another brand. The workmanship of the other brand was top notch, but the seat was not comfortable for me past 3-4 hours.

Old 01-29-2012 | 04:50 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I love my Corbin seat, haven't found another seat that's as good for the long rides. Had a Mustang, never found it to be comfortable, except for short hops.

Ordered mine from Corbin, got it in less than a week. Obviously it was in stock when I ordered it. (Classic solo). Good customer service, and when I need another seat, Corbin will be the first call I make.

Seats are an individual preference. The guys who have them tend to love them, but you'll find other guys who have tried them and just don't care for them.
I have to ride down town to their shop a sat and have them adjust mine cause I dont think I could ride 1000 miles in it at all. the longest I have ridden is about 500 in a day and my butt burns after about an hour.

Old 01-29-2012 | 05:05 PM
Karnevil
Tourer

bought 1 new after about 1k-1.5k miles it broke in, Loved it! bought another bike and changed seat to a Mustang and hated it. got my current ride with a corbin on it, LOVE IT! good luck! you should try to find a local that has a corbin seat and try it out.

Old 01-29-2012 | 05:34 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

Bought a rumble seat..took 6 weeks to get..had to be ordered.got it..took it out of the box had some stiching probs..poor quality ..put it right back in the box took 6 more weeks to fix...terrible customer service..no one cared

Old 01-29-2012 | 05:46 PM
gregory1
Advanced
Default C&C seat

I suggest you look at C&C seats. I also had a corbin seat but it never did soften up, hard as heck. After selling it I bought a C&C seat, It has the same seating position, a little farther back and down as compared to a stock seat. But, it starts out softer than the corbin and with it still being in the break in mode I would bet it is only going to get better. I really like their seat. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Corbin seats