Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012 | 07:48 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

To answer the OP's question. I ordered by phone a Classic Solo and backrest and received it in seven days. This was in '09 so I don't know what the current wait time might be.

Not asked by the OP but in response to the negative comments on this thread I must say that I have had two Corbins, the current solo and a Dual Tourer, and they are the best and most comfortable riding seats I have found. I have about sixty thousand miles, or more, on these two Corbins and they are the only seats I have found where I can ride all day long day after day in comfort. I just completed a 12K mile ride on the solo and never had butt burn or an aching butt. The seats are firm which is ideal for all day rides. Personally, I never felt the need for the seat to break in and I never noticed a difference in the firmness after long use.

Corbin customer service was polite, congenial, professional and all I could ask for. A great saddle and a very good experience. I would definitely buy another Corbin.

Old 01-29-2012 | 08:08 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

No seat is going to be comfortable if the riding position is not correct!

I is a bit of a job to get the riding position perfect. foot position, handle bars, seat and bike ride height will effect this. even the windshield comes into play somewhat.

Usually, you start at the bottom and work up.

First is the foot position, the harley floor boards sit in a little close for me. I installed a set of the Kurakin(spelling) +1 +1 relocaters on. This moves the floor boards out one inch and fwd one inch.

Next was the seat, tried a sundowner first but butt burn was only an hour ride. next was a corbin Classic Sole with heat, Passanger pad and back rest.

At 6 foot tall I found the bike was still a little tall. I installed a set of the CVO Street Glide hand adjustable shocks. Improved ride and ride height. This also improved the "part of the bike feel"

I installed a set of the hearitage bars. But, they didn't cut it either. Not enough rise or pull back to be comfortable for a long ride. Installed a set of Wildones 502's. 12.5 inch apes. These work very well but I think the 14"s would be perfect.

All in All My bike is now like riding down the road in a Lazy-boy. Now I will get some butt burn in 3 to 4 hours if I'm wearing regular undies but don't get any at all if I have the under armors on.

Old 01-29-2012 | 09:00 PM
zjones
Cruiser

I fall into the Corbin "hater" category, not because of their seat, but because of their arrogant HORRIBLE customer service...I had a very simple issue to address with them and it took weeks of phone calls to remedy. They will never get a dime of my money again!
Serenity now.....serenity now.....

Old 01-29-2012 | 09:13 PM
mjb765
Tourer

Originally Posted by zjones
I fall into the Corbin "hater" category, not because of their seat, but because of their arrogant HORRIBLE customer service...I had a very simple issue to address with them and it took weeks of phone calls to remedy. They will never get a dime of my money again!
Serenity now.....serenity now.....
Lucky for me I never deal with Corbin directly...I have a reseller that gives me a discount off of retail and is my contact if there is an issue. He deals with Corbin so I don't have to.

Old 01-29-2012 | 09:14 PM
Macker
Tourer

Bought my classic solo w/backrest and pillion from the factory and I recall it took about 2 weeks. I remember it because I was sweating whether it would come in before I was leaving on a long trip. However, that was back in '07 so not very current info for you to go by.

I rode with the stock seat on my '03 road king for about a year but didn't like it. I switched to another style seat and really didn't like that either but couldn't afford to change again until I bought my current bike.

They are firm but thats what I like and thats what was wrong with the other two I mentioned, too much foam padding and no support.

I usually average around 500 mi a day on trips, longest was last year when I did 870. No problems for me with the Corbin after 32k on this bike.

Old 01-29-2012 | 09:17 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain

I've been on a Corbin seat since 1997 with my RK and now with a custom made Dual Touring so it would accomodate my passenger grab rails. I've had great experience with Corbin, especially with my last seat. I ordered a Corbin Close Solo with passenger pillon and when it arrived it just didn't work out right. Called customer service, explained to Sergio what I was looking for and he told me to just pack up my seat and pillon pad and ship it back along with my passenger grab rail. Seems Mike Corbin has a SG and they custom made my Dual Touring Seat putting my passenger grab rails on Mike's bike. Turns out the Dual Touring Seat cost less than my original order so even though they Custom Made my seat they sent me a refund too.

I know Corbin seats are hard and not everyone can handle that. But if the seat really fits your butt the right way you can ride for hundreds of miles without really suffering.

Old 01-30-2012 | 04:59 AM
Deer Stalker
|
Road Master

Thanks for the replies guys - I get the 'its too hard v no its not' argument, what concerns me is the amount of members that have said they have customer service issues.

Bearing in mind I can only order direct from the States I think I may well give that a miss..

Old 01-30-2012 | 05:34 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker
Thanks for the replies guys - I get the 'its too hard v no its not' argument, what concerns me is the amount of members that have said they have customer service issues.

Bearing in mind I can only order direct from the States I think I may well give that a miss..
I have had the Corbin Classic Solo for 2+ years and love it, especially during the 3-4 trips each year when I do 400-600 miles in a day each way.

As for the customer service issues posted, typically they are from buyers who don't like the firmness of the seat. Personally, I had an issue with my first seat and had nothing but great service from Corbin in resolving the issue.

One of the seat's best features, apart from its comfort, is the locking feature. Not only does it provide great security, it makes it very easy to remove the seat to access the area under the seat for whatever reason.

Carl

Old 01-30-2012 | 08:10 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

About 2 weeks both time I've ordered from Corbin. I have the dual tour and just got the classic solo; love them both. Pictures aren't great.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin seats-imag0076.jpg   Corbin seats-imag0064.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012 | 09:12 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

I've had 2 Corbins...love the seat, great seat and great quality! BUT...I hate their Customer Service!

The first seat was perfect...took about 4 weeks to get it.

My second seat came in after a 6 week wait...and the seat was not built the way I ordered it. I called Customer Service and they told me to ship it back (they paid for it) and they promised me it would be put at the head of the line and corrected right away. Well...6 weeks later I received my 'head of the line' seat!

Just my experience.

Steve

Quick Reply: Corbin seats