Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012 | 05:57 PM
daytonamike
Advanced

Got a Corbin Rumble Seat. My seat is OK, but the passengers is hard as a rock. Had to buy an Air Hawk so the OL would ride with me. Don't think I would buy another like it.

Corbin seats-098-800x600-.jpg

Corbin seats-099-800x600-.jpg

Old 01-29-2012 | 06:02 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

The Corbin DualTour was the single best thing I ever put on my Limited. I couldn't ride longer than a couple of hours with my MCC-modified stocker. Put the Corbin on, and 15-18 hours at a clip weren't a problem. They're firm. They're supposed to be, and that's all explained on their website.

I ordered mine through Jenni when she was still at Tri-County, it took about 3 weeks to come in.

Old 01-29-2012 | 06:09 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

I have been riding (This time, lol) since 95 - on my third HD (FLHTCI - 2004, bought new) Each of my bikes have had a Corbin. I have been on this forum since Sept of 05. I have read MANY posts about Corbins and this post is really no different.

Corbin is a LOVE IT / HATE IT kind of seat.

Iam lucky enough to live within in a 90 min ride to their Ca factory and the last two seats have been built during there "Ride in appoitment" Meaning, I make an appoitment - arrive at 0800 - meet the seat builder - we talk about what I want - then he builds the seat while I wait - several times through out the day, I go for a test ride and he tweaks the seat to fit me and my wife (back seat rider) after and ONLY after we both say - Thats perfect - it gets covered and off we go with a new seat - all in ONE day.

This current HD has right at 65K on it - I retired in 08 and the wife and I have been from CA to East Coast three times - each trip average 7,000 miles (abot 300-350 miles a day) Every day we felt good and NO problem with the seat.

I completed my first Iron Butt Ride on June 27, 2011 - 1000 miles from Turlock Ca to Roseburg, OR and back - rested and then road 500 miles from Turlock to Southern Ca and back to get my Bun Burner award (1500 miles in under 36 hours) My back and Butt felt just fine.

and this seat is now just over 6 years old and I am getting ready to ride from Ca to DC and back again in May

Iam a Crobin Lover and I know there are those that Hate Corbins and say Corbin has bad Customer service.

I have even tried talking to Corbin at the factory while I was there two years ago - finally went to the dark side and got a back rest...

Not sure why the service on the phone is bad - In person at the factory - 100% great.

Last edited by harley0711; 01-29-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2012 | 06:26 PM
mjb765
Tourer

Originally Posted by gregory1
I suggest you look at C&C seats. I also had a corbin seat but it never did soften up, hard as heck. After selling it I bought a C&C seat, It has the same seating position, a little farther back and down as compared to a stock seat. But, it starts out softer than the corbin and with it still being in the break in mode I would bet it is only going to get better. I really like their seat. Just my opinion.
Yep--everybody's butt is different!!! I had a C&C and it was gread around town but was uncomfortable after 3-4 hours.....never had that problem on my Corbin which is why I went and ordered another Corbin!! Seats are very personal and everybody will give a different opinion.....

I guess that's a good thing or we would all be riding around on the same seat!

Last edited by mjb765; 01-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2012 | 06:28 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

I love my Corbin Classic Solo. It took about five weeks. I also did have to engage them about a customer service issue with the lock, and they took care of that quickly also. I would buy again.

mikebaby

Old 01-29-2012 | 06:35 PM
jak
Intermediate
Default Wtb

I'm looking for a corbin classic solo seat, #HD-RK-6-S. If you have one reasonably priced please let me know. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012 | 06:50 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I had a Corbin Dual Tour, when researching, everyone gave it rave reviews. This seat is not for every body, I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I bought one and for me, it was horrible. First off, it is hard, very hard, so hard I was ready to take it off and ride on the battery because it put in in so much pain (rode about 250 miles one day,and by mile 100 I was miserable). It sets you back a bit further then the stock seat, and gives the passenger less room. If you have short arms, you may also need to change your bars. (not the case for me).

Lots of people told me it takes 1500 miles to break in, so I rode it for 1500 pain filled miles, and it never "broke in". I since sold it.

Old 01-29-2012 | 07:02 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

I had a Corbin Dual Tour, when researching, everyone gave it rave reviews. This seat is not for every body, I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I bought one and for me, it was horrible. First off, it is hard, very hard, so hard I was ready to take it off and ride on the battery because it put in in so much pain (rode about 250 miles one day,and by mile 100 I was miserable). It sets you back a bit further then the stock seat, and gives the passenger less room. If you have short arms, you may also need to change your bars. (not the case for me).

Lots of people told me it takes 1500 miles to break in, so I rode it for 1500 pain filled miles, and it never "broke in". I since sold it.
Having a Corbin seat that is NOT made for you is like you trying to drive my Mini Cooper - if you do NOT adjust the seat for you - most likly you will NOT like the Mini Cooper..

Corbin off the rack / over the internet is a real gamble - I am a Short rider and mine fits me to a T - why - because it was made for me - you can not get this off the rack/internet... they say you can, but its still a gamble and shipping back and forth is a PIB

Old 01-29-2012 | 07:09 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjb765
Yep--everybody's butt is different!!! I had a C&C and it was gread around town but was uncomfortable after 3-4 hours.....never had that problem on my Corbin which is why I went and ordered another Corbin!! Seats are very personal and everybody will give a different opinion.....

I guess that's a good thing or we would all be riding around on the same seat!
I could not agree more - I have been on this forum since 9/05 and I can NOT count the number of posts,,,

What seat do you like??

Thinking of a Corbin - what do you think??

If a person interested in a Corbin would use the search button - They would find HOURS of reading post just like this.. Some Love them and some HATE them... After reading IF they still want to try a Corbin - they've been warned..

Just like this posts - they are NOT for everyone..

I have been on the road many times and have had someone say "Man, that Corbin seat is Hard - can you really sit and ride on that??" Esp since June 11, I can now say, Can you ride 1000 miles in 15 hours and 40 min in YOUR seat??? - usuall answer is NO, it would kill me... Well, I did and my *** felt just fine... so much in fact, I ate dinner rested and rode another 500 miles to get mey IBA patch 1500/36 hour ride.

Not bragging at all - just stating a Fact that a 6 year old Corbin still works for me - Then agin, maybe my *** has no feeing left, lol

Not only is a seat important for long riding, your handle bars need to fit YOU... Now there is another LONG post...

Old 01-29-2012 | 07:23 PM
mjb765
Tourer

Originally Posted by harley0711
I could not agree more - I have been on this forum since 9/05 and I can NOT count the number of posts,,,

What seat do you like??

Thinking of a Corbin - what do you think??

If a person interested in a Corbin would use the search button - They would find HOURS of reading post just like this.. Some Love them and some HATE them... After reading IF they still want to try a Corbin - they've been warned..

Just like this posts - they are NOT for everyone..

I have been on the road many times and have had someone say "Man, that Corbin seat is Hard - can you really sit and ride on that??" Esp since June 11, I can now say, Can you ride 1000 miles in 15 hours and 40 min in YOUR seat??? - usuall answer is NO, it would kill me... Well, I did and my *** felt just fine... so much in fact, I ate dinner rested and rode another 500 miles to get mey IBA patch 1500/36 hour ride.

Not bragging at all - just stating a Fact that a 6 year old Corbin still works for me - Then agin, maybe my *** has no feeing left, lol

Not only is a seat important for long riding, your handle bars need to fit YOU... Now there is another LONG post...
You are soooo right.....now do you want to talk about oil or exhaust?? LOL

Quick Reply: Corbin seats