Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rk fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
flhrsi
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rk fairings?

Does anyone out there have a Klock werks fairing on a rk....what do you think of it, the price seems reasonable. I'm wondering about fit/finish and quality.

thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant tell you about Klock Werks but I can tell you about Reckless. I did a lot of research before buying my Reckless and found it to be the best of the bunch. Easy to put on and take off, built well, looks good, and it is a lot better quality than Moco OEM.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:44 PM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Search SportTech fairings. Looks like they are just putting their name on the SportTech. I use a Memphis Shade Batwing and it does what is suppose to. I had to mill the brackets so I could move fairing forward a bit so I could keep my apes pushed forward. I have about 300 into the fairing with windshield. I will say the standard RK windshield blocks just as much wind and has less buffeting than the fairing. The fairing looks a little better.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I have a new HD fairing for sale, new, never used....

Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
slza805
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Reckless Fairings

I picked mine last summer and I can tell you its a great product with easy on installation. Looks great. Also WideOpen Custom has a great product as well I met the guys at the ROT Rally in Austin and a buddy of mine picked up one.

Originally Posted by HalfFast
I cant tell you about Klock Werks but I can tell you about Reckless. I did a lot of research before buying my Reckless and found it to be the best of the bunch. Easy to put on and take off, built well, looks good, and it is a lot better quality than Moco OEM.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:27 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know much about the fairing for an RK, have a friend that has a fairing on his softail, Hoppe quadzilla I think. He likes it. I do however wonder if you wanted to put one on, would you also want to put the dampers in the forks or if you even could. I know that all of the touring bikes with fairing have the dampers. I'm guessing because of the weight of the fairing as opposed to just the windshield.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Hey HalfFast...

Originally Posted by HalfFast
I just sent Reckless a message asking if the inner shell is smooth like Woody's is etc. Can you tell me how yours is finished and did you paint it? The price is right but I don't want the rough texture like Memphis.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior

They are smooth. You can get them painted gloss or flat, your choice. I chose flat because I don't like the glare from the sun and reflections flashing in my eyes when riding through our numerous tunnels here in the mountains.

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
I just sent Reckless a message asking if the inner shell is smooth like Woody's is etc. Can you tell me how yours is finished and did you paint it? The price is right but I don't want the rough texture like Memphis.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior

I rode with just a windshield for a lot of years and will have to say that my Reckless blocks a lot more wind than the windshield did and I experience zero wind buffeting. Maybe that is just the difference between the Reckless and the Memphis Shades fairings.

Originally Posted by pittz5
Search SportTech fairings. Looks like they are just putting their name on the SportTech. I use a Memphis Shade Batwing and it does what is suppose to. I had to mill the brackets so I could move fairing forward a bit so I could keep my apes pushed forward. I have about 300 into the fairing with windshield. I will say the standard RK windshield blocks just as much wind and has less buffeting than the fairing. The fairing looks a little better.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:05 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a good look at Woody's Fairings. I've had one on my King for the last 3 years and I am very happy with it. Great customer service and communication. There are cheaper fairings, but I've had no problems at all with mine.

Quick Reply: rk fairings?