Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:24 AM
LockNut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hog Discount?

Excellent idea. I will have to try that. For large purchases, I do buy online for the larger discount. Most of the stuff I pick up from the dealer is under $100.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I like using the online dealers like Zanotti's or mandmcycles.com. It's 20% cheaper,
no sales tax and it's delivered to my door.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:41 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

10% at my local dealer. Zanotti HD NO sales tax, 20% or better on parts, 35% on apparel...guess who gets my business!
[sm=exactly.gif]

Zanotti's all the way!

[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have never recieved a discount for being a HOG Member from anyone. Nice idea though!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:10 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with you all on Zanottis and Chicago HD, I have bought at both before. I even had a dealer not far from where I live say that if he had his way he would "run them out of business because they are taking food off my table." I understand that they are trying to make a living but in the information world where I can jump online and make a few clicks and buy everything he has cheaper, and not have to pay tax and sometimes shipping, it makes it hard to justify paying the higher price.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:15 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,802 Likes on 1,274 Posts

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

10% at my local dealer. Zanotti HD NO sales tax, 20% or better on parts, 35% on apparel...guess who gets my business!
Don't you have to pay import duty? Unless of course you ride accross the border and install in the parking lot???

Old 12-14-2006, 07:15 PM
MtDrew1383
Novice

What is the Zanotti website? I'm Googling it and can't come up with an online store that sells HD stuff!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:17 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,802 Likes on 1,274 Posts

ORIGINAL: MtDrew1383

What is the Zanotti website? I'm Googling it and can't come up with an online store that sells HD stuff!

It is the Harley Dealer in Chicago, Ill.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: redhwk44

Hoping for some help with a question. Bought my RKC in June and love it. It was my first HD. Anyway with the purchase I was given 1 year membership in H.O.G. It seemed like a pretty good deal at first but I haven't found that many dealers that take it. The dealer I bought my ride from has H.O.G. rides but won't give the discount. My question is, is there any rhyme or reason as to which dealers give the discount and which ones don't? Last weekend A dealer in Ottawa, Il told me they give the discount only to the local chapter, and the shop was nearly empty at noon on Saturday. I told the manager that I would spend my money at "my local shop" and walked out. Does anyone else have a prob with this practice?
No HOG member is "entitled" to any discount anywhere. If someone told you that you were, they were wrong.

Discounts are at the discretion of the dealer you happen to be standing in. Some may give one to all HOG members, some only to the members of the chapter they sponsor, some not at all. The local chapter you may or may not belong to exists at the whim of the sponsoring dealer.

Remember that HOG is a marketing program to encourage repeat sales of bikes and after sale purchase of accessories and clothing. That is how HOG / Harley national sees the program.

Should a dealer explained that to you? No. They figured you had read and understood the information you received with your membership.

Should you ask if you can get a discount from a dealer when traveling? Sure, the worst they can do is say no.

But the worst thing any HOG member can do is stand there and whine and pout and carry on about it. I've seen it happen more than once across the US and Canada and it ain't pretty when anyone acts like a child when told "NO".

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

If you read your membership materials, you'll see that there is no such thing as a "HOG discount" as far as Milwaukee is concerned. Whether or not a discount is offered to HOG menbers is a decision made by each individual dealer. Most dealers offer 10% off to the members of their own chapter, but they don't have to. But having a national HOG card "entitles" you to absolutely nothing in the way of a discount. Technically, they're in the right. You're in the wrong to expect that it's the norm at any dealership. But somebody at one of those shops should have explained the situation to you instead of letting you walk out of the store unhappy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of H-D.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:46 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well actually AK I did not whine I simply asked. But I did get a bit of attitude from the sales person behind the counter. I can understand if they don't want to honor it but don't give me attitude when I ask about it because you will surely loose a sale !

Quick Reply: Hog Discount?