Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made some sacrifices, but the bike stays!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 AM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

I've been fortunate that I've never been without a bike. It would go from recreation to cheap transportation. Everything would go first, the bike and one pistol and rifle last, if ever. If things got real bad, I would let the doublewide go and move into the shop!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 AM
dyeates
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had to downsize as well, traded my expensive truck for an econobox but got to keep the scoot. I'm happy! Hope you can adjust as needed, but still ride. Good luck!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:27 AM
nhbouncer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by updraft
The GF isn't real happy, but hell, the bike's paid for, and I don't think I'll ever be done paying for the GF...haha (kinda).

So I'll state it here: Hi, my name is Steve, and I'm an addict!

Steve,
Lose the GF before the bike you will save all kinds of money that way!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 AM
kdichs1015
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few years ago my wife and I both got laid off. I wanted to sell the bike, she wouldn't let me, no matter how bad it got.

There will always be a Harley in my garage, even if I have to sublet the house and sleep next to it.

My name is Kevin, and I don't have an addiction, some things are just part of life.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Mine was not for work ...but several years ago Wife n i was coming home from the beach on a Old Yamaha XS1100 , rear tire went flat and we ended up in the ditch....Wife was hurt a little, bruised spleen etc... She asked me to get rid of my bike, so i traded it for a Project Camaro....Took a body shop class, painted the car, fixed the interior etc.... sold it to pay for a septic tank forthe new house bla bla bla...after 3 years the wife says...i know you are freakin miserable without a bike so if you can find something you can afford go for it....I quit smoking and all my smoke money went toward buying something...Had a bike ever since...she knows it's my Prozac....I would have a bike even if it was a $500 POS

Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Fathertime500
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need to come to a meeting with us tonight. It's at the dealership..........lol

Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,834 Likes on 22,753 Posts

Unfortuneately when push comes to shove it seems that the toys are the first thing to go.
Sheet, my bike is worth more than all my vehicles(2 cars and a pickup) put together.
I know where my priorities are.
I would get nothin' for them if the worst would happen.
Perish the thought..

Last edited by lionsm13; 01-29-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM
LucyOnBlack
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was bikeless against my will. Lost more than the bike. Some people get a dog, drink, drug it out, I got another bike... on my line of credit.
It might be material, but what the hell, with new science today, we get bionic body parts, fake lips, ****, tucks, nips, prozac.. I chose material.
I look 40 at 53 today, act 40, don't really give a shiot what anybody thinks. Black is paid off, I have many like minded friends and we all cruise in the recluse lane.
I don't know if I'd dump the man in my life if I had one over a bike... but then again no man is allowed in my life unless he thinks like me..

Old 01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, my name is Ron and I'm an addict. I'm not one of those folks that "only pay cash" for their toys, but I can afford to make the payment. If things really got tight the bike would be the last thing to go. It's cheaper than a shrink, and more satisfying. Glad you were able to keep the bike.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

I'm no addict. It's a part of my life. I would rather live in a cardboard house at the north pole than live without my bike!

Quick Reply: Made some sacrifices, but the bike stays!