Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Half Throttle
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a very helpful thread. My buddy and I both have 2010 Street Glides and called today to order the Dynamic Ringz turn signals for the front and back. He went with clear lens (to match his white bike) and I decided to go with the smoked lenses as I plan to install a Daymaker Headlight with smoked lens in a few months. Can't wait to install these.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:32 PM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Dynamic Ringz and they are great. I do wish CD would come out with one that reversed the LED colors. I would like to see one that has an outer ring of amber and all of the inner LEDs being white. The halo is no big deal, but if the option was there I would have chosen the amber to be the outer ring so the full light of white was there. Maybe I should email them and see if they can build a custom LED cluster for me... hmmmm.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Got mine ordered and with a 2014, there's no need for an equalizer. Can't wait!!!

Old 03-13-2015, 05:13 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Yes when you use LED turn signals you need a load equalizer. It will get rid of the hyperflash.

Hyperflash occurs because the lower voltage draw of the LED's makes your flashers think that you have a blinker bulb burned out. Load equalizers cure this. Personally I use the Biketronics Smart Equalizer. It is a plug n play module that requires no additional wiring.

But to answer your question no it will not hurt anything. Personally I find it annoying but that is just me. Some can live with it I guess.
Does the load equalizer you use plug in between the main harness connector and the ECM? I'm considering the Ringz but I have a hard and fast rule that nothing gets between the main harness and the ECM. I travel in foul weather a lot.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Does the load equalizer you use plug in between the main harness connector and the ECM? I'm considering the Ringz but I have a hard and fast rule that nothing gets between the main harness and the ECM. I travel in foul weather a lot.
No it goes under the seat at the rear fender. Separate the turn signal connector and install in between the two plugs.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
No it goes under the seat at the rear fender. Separate the turn signal connector and install in between the two plugs.

Thanks friend! Two more dumb questions and I'm done.

My guess is that it goes between the the two plugs you mentioned because its measuring draw on all four corners. Am I right?

Final one.

Do you feel the white Ringz offer light to see by at night? Specifically, fill the holes in corners that an LED headlight creates?

My favorite time to ride the Dragon is at night.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:39 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Thanks friend! Two more dumb questions and I'm done.

My guess is that it goes between the the two plugs you mentioned because its measuring draw on all four corners. Am I right?

Final one.

Do you feel the white Ringz offer light to see by at night? Specifically, fill the holes in corners that an LED headlight creates?

My favorite time to ride the Dragon is at night.
That is one way to put it on the location.

And no these do not really "put out" any light. They are more for be seen visibility. Not help to see.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks friend.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:35 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Half Throttle
This was a very helpful thread. My buddy and I both have 2010 Street Glides and called today to order the Dynamic Ringz turn signals for the front and back. He went with clear lens (to match his white bike) and I decided to go with the smoked lenses as I plan to install a Daymaker Headlight with smoked lens in a few months. Can't wait to install these.

Just throwing it out there, you may want to consider the JW Evolution 2. JW makes the Daymakers. The EVO 2 has an improved lighting pattern and increased output over the Daymaker/EVO. They offer a lifetime warranty vs HD's one year, and you'll save almost $200. I put a link to a thread below with pictures I posted to give you an idea of how the setup looks. There is also a video on YouTube that shows a side by side comparison of the light patterns.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post13780591

Old 03-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

I ordered the whole setup yesterday. Dynamic Ringz in the front, red LED clusters in the read, load stabilizer and the triple play flasher unit. Should be here in a few days.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed