Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jniedens
Does anyone make a led turn signal that combines the functionality of both the moon shinez and the dynamic ringz? Basically all the LEDs are white during DRL mode, then all the LEDs turn Amber during the turn signal mode?

Would be a god idea but I don't think it would be possible. I've never hear of a dual color LED. Not saying they don't exist though. If it can be done I am sure CD would be the ones to find a way to do it.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, thanks for the detailed write up. I think Custom Dynamics should comp you a free set of LED's for your efforts.

I was just about to put a set of Dynamic Ringz on the front of my 2011 Street Glide (to match my new HD Daymaker headlight). However, after seeing your pics, I'm not crazy about the white 'halo' look that the Dyanmic Ringz give when in running mode.

I think I prefer the 'solid' look of the white Moon shinez when in running mode, but am concerned that the lack of an amber front directional will diminish the effect the directionals have on being seen, and understood, by other motorists.

Unless someone can suggest otherwise, it now looks like I'm just going to go for plain, old amber LED's from Custom Dynamics.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
Wow, thanks for the detailed write up. I think Custom Dynamics should comp you a free set of LED's for your efforts.

I was just about to put a set of Dynamic Ringz on the front of my 2011 Street Glide (to match my new HD Daymaker headlight). However, after seeing your pics, I'm not crazy about the white 'halo' look that the Dyanmic Ringz give when in running mode.

I think I prefer the 'solid' look of the white Moon shinez when in running mode, but am concerned that the lack of an amber front directional will diminish the effect the directionals have on being seen, and understood, by other motorists.

Unless someone can suggest otherwise, it now looks like I'm just going to go for plain, old amber LED's from Custom Dynamics.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks
I have the dynamic rings on my RK, the big pancake turn signals.....

Up close, you can see the ring. Like you, I'm not crazy about the ring. But, move back 20 feet, and the the crisp ring kinda fades into a white blob, making it just look like a regular filled in light. That's on my big round light - I'm sure your small turn signal would look even better.

Personally, I love the fact that when I turn, there is only one orange light on my bike, and it's flashing. Makes me feel like it's a real attention getter.

Just my 2 cents....

Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.
I have the dynamic rings on my RK, the big pancake turn signals.....

Up close, you can see the ring. Like you, I'm not crazy about the ring. But, move back 20 feet, and the the crisp ring kinda fades into a white blob, making it just look like a regular filled in light. That's on my big round light - I'm sure your small turn signal would look even better.

Personally, I love the fact that when I turn, there is only one orange light on my bike, and it's flashing. Makes me feel like it's a real attention getter.

Just my 2 cents....
plus the white ring REALLY helps to be seen , IMO

Old 08-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Keeper01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed a set a couple weeks ago, but not the halo rings. They are very bright and are definitely eye catching day and night.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:18 PM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Can somebody tell me the part number for the biketronics load equalizer I will need to do this mod on my 2007 StreetGlide? BT801, BT801M, or BT802?

Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 PM
saverill21
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set of Dynamic Ringz in the front, led's in the rear and led brake light. I was amazed at the speed of delivery, quality of the product, how well machined the parts were for a perfect fit, and the set up is AWESOME!! Great Product and Company!!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
saverill21
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom Dynamics carried a Load Equalizer as well, several different kinds actually. All info is on their website and is specific to your bike.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

For those with the CD LED turn signals, did you go with the clear lights or the red/amber?? I'm going to replace mine but plan to keep using the stock red/amber lenses. I was wondering if using the same color led's with the stock lenses would be any brighter than if I used clear led's. I plan to replace all 4 turn signals, the front and rear fender lights, and add an BAL-1 along with a CD load equalizer.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Proud Marine Dad
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lara_Croft
Question about the light fitment... did the new clear light cap snap on well? I've run into a weird (if not picky) issue where the cap doesn't really give a resounding "snap" like it should, and it concerns me in regards to the seal. Did you have a similar issue? If so, what'd you do to overcome it?
Just installed the Ringz in the front and the LED's in the rear last weekend. Weather has been way to bad here to give you any feedback, other than in the garage. They look good. As far as snap goes, I cannot take credit for this because I read it on another post on the forum. The new LED's pretty much fill the the housing so the tips on caps hit the new LED edge before they snap in. Take a belt sander to the tips of the plastic and sand them down a little. There is plenty of plastic material there and the covers will "snap" right on. Worked great for me.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed