Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
I am planning on this upgrade in the near future. I have a couple questions....

1) When switching to LED turn signals front & back, do you just need the one equalizer that plugs in under the seat?

2) Why didn't you use the Custom Dynamics Equalizer?

Thanks for the write-up.
One load equalizer will typically cover the whole bike for any amount of LED lights used. That is the case with the Biketronics modules anyway.

No reason other than I have been using Biketronics lighting modules for 7 years now. Before I started using CD LED lights. I just stick to what works. Just like some people swear by Badlands or other companies. I'm sure the CD load equalizer works just fine as well.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the moon shinez on mine now as well as clusters for the rear(amber and red) and I use the CD load equalizer with out any issues. I really like the full white of the moon shinez, but am now curious about having the amber for a more recognizable turn signal. Will be checking these out on the CD site, thanks for the write up and pics...

Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by marvincbr
I have the moon shinez on mine now as well as clusters for the rear(amber and red) and I use the CD load equalizer with out any issues. I really like the full white of the moon shinez, but am now curious about having the amber for a more recognizable turn signal. Will be checking these out on the CD site, thanks for the write up and pics...
I really like the full white of the Moon Shinez too. But it is a fair trade-off getting a more recognizable amber signal. These still give you great visibility in the daytime with the white outer ring.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,276 Likes on 4,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
One load equalizer will typically cover the whole bike for any amount of LED lights used. That is the case with the Biketronics modules anyway.

No reason other than I have been using Biketronics lighting modules for 7 years now. Before I started using CD LED lights. I just stick to what works. Just like some people swear by Badlands or other companies. I'm sure the CD load equalizer works just fine as well.
Thanks........

This mod is definitely in my near future.....

Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that you have them installed you wouldnt happen to have any pics of them in both functions out in the sun light?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
now that you have them installed you wouldnt happen to have any pics of them in both functions out in the sun light?

Updated the OP with some outside shots and an outside video

Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

I still have the stock turn signals front and back. I have looked multiple times at the CD website. Thanks for the writeup on these lights. I am definitely going with LEDs now I am leaning toward the CD lights.

Have you tried the ones on the rear with the orange signal indicators around the outside perimeters? If so, are they as robust as the front ones you installed?

Thanks.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Ya beat me to this! LOL Thanks for the write up.

I just ordered these as well, should be here this week. Glad to see the improvement CD made to installing those with a flat screwdriver - the versions I got 2 years ago were a tad hard to install.

I went with the front and rear LED's and I got their rear flashing unit as well.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:19 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeJeepCrawl
I still have the stock turn signals front and back. I have looked multiple times at the CD website. Thanks for the writeup on these lights. I am definitely going with LEDs now I am leaning toward the CD lights.

Have you tried the ones on the rear with the orange signal indicators around the outside perimeters? If so, are they as robust as the front ones you installed?

Thanks.
I have the cluster on the rear of mine. The amber is very robust for the turn signals and the red is also quite bright for the brakes.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/7919577-post14.html

if I did that right, it should link to a video of the clusters...

Last edited by marvincbr; 01-30-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: link to video
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
blueduramax
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the Dynamic Ringz kit on my 2011 SG. They went on very easily and look very bright. I have worried that the two bullet lights on the 2011 were inadequate. This solves that problem nicely. Quick efficient service from CD. Very pleased.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Ringz LED front signals by Custom Dynamics installed