Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try the new Biketronics Titan II Speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone try the new Biketronics Titan II Speakers???

Was ready to pull the trigger on a set of Titan XL's then saw Biketronics has a new set called the Titan II. Looks like the only difference is the II's are made by Hybrid Audio Technologies and the XL's are manufactured by Hertz. And they are $50 cheaper. Looks like the magnet is a little smaller too which would also mean lighter. Anyone try them out or at least had a chance to hear them in person???

Titan II 6.5" upgrade

Last edited by Garemlin; 01-28-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:30 AM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered a set last week.....You are correct--Hybrid Audio...it's their Imagine line. I have heard nothing but good things about them. We'll see.....

Old 01-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjb765
Just ordered a set last week.....You are correct--Hybrid Audio...it's their Imagine line. I have heard nothing but good things about them. We'll see.....
Looking forward to your thoughts on them. Have a few weeks before I am ready to order anyway.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:43 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,088 Likes on 22,577 Posts

I don't think that a smaller magnet necessarily means that the sound will be less.
I have Kicker PS5250's(small magnet) thanks to firecap(aka wayne) from this site.

I had Hogtunes previously, which have a very heavy magnet.

The Kickers are more clear and have just as much bass, maybe a little more.
One of the wrenches at my local dealership said that he thought that the heavier magnet speakers are hard(stress) on the fairing due to the weight and support of the fairing.

I would also like to upgrade my stereo..(Hogtunes amp and Kicker speakers) but have heard that if one wears ear-plugs that the stereo sounds better.. I will try this. It probably sounds better at freeway speeds but not so much around town is my guess. The Titans are on my list too as are the Biketronics amps.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
I don't think that a smaller magnet necessarily means that the sound will be less.
I have Kicker PS5250's(small magnet) thanks to firecap(aka wayne) from this site.

I had Hogtunes previously, which have a very heavy magnet.

Oh I know this. I used to be really big in the car audio scene years ago. I actually said the smaller magnet means a lighter speaker. Less stress on the fairing mounts.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Was ready to pull the trigger on a set of Titan XL's then saw Biketronics has a new set called the Titan II. Looks like the only difference is the II's are made by Hybrid Audio Technologies and the XL's are manufactured by Hertz. And they are $50 cheaper. Looks like the magnet is a little smaller too which would also mean lighter. Anyone try them out or at least had a chance to hear them in person???

Titan II 6.5" upgrade
They are great little speakers. Do yourself a favor and find a local who sells car audio and Hybrid Audio. Bought those exact speakers which are the Hybrid Mirus Series for $100 and the guy included a pair of Arc 6.5 adapters for $20.

I have these connected to an ELF amp and there is zero distortion even when the volume is at max. Tweeters can be aimed toward you as well.
I'm waiting for the 5 1/4's to put them in the rear tour pods now.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by uscanuck
They are great little speakers. Do yourself a favor and find a local who sells car audio and Hybrid Audio. Bought those exact speakers which are the Hybrid Mirus Series for $100 and the guy included a pair of Arc 6.5 adapters for $20.

I have these connected to an ELF amp and there is zero distortion even when the volume is at max. Tweeters can be aimed toward you as well.
I'm waiting for the 5 1/4's to put them in the rear tour pods now.

How is bass response. I know you will never get sub level bass from a 6.5" speaker. But I mean do they have a little lower level punch to them???

Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
How is bass response. I know you will never get sub level bass from a 6.5" speaker. But I mean do they have a little lower level punch to them???
I'm not an audio expert by any means. I have these set up with treble/bass in the middle of setting and they have plenty of bass punch.
If it warms up a bit I'll try and get you a sound clip if you want. Although the cell phone audio might not do it justice.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these speakers, they work very well. better than my J&M set I sold. running them off the Biketronics amp (the big one). The base is still a little soft but below 40mph, they sound great. at highway speed with a low windscreen, they washout like every other speaker but again, I like them much better than the J&M 7.25's I had in there

Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

they offer different part numbers for batwing and roadglide, wonder if its just the adapters or speakers themselves that are different?

Quick Reply: Anyone try the new Biketronics Titan II Speakers???