Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Griots Polishes and Waxes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Meguier's Ultimate compound is THE BEST polish I've ever used. By Far! Read some of the reviews on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G1721.../dp/B001O7PNNM

Old 01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
rattrod30
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polish ?

Polish = abrasive . Polishes and power tools are ok if you have neglected and damaged your finish and need to repair it . Personally I use common sense when handling and washing my black vehicles and have no need for polishes or buffers . I use Meguires Gold Class Wax (not cleaner wax,another abrasive) from a NEW SEALED container applied by hand twice a year.
05 Pontiac GTO Phantom Black Metallic ,84 Buick Grand National (they're black),81 HD FLT ,also black. 84 Honda VT500 Ascot (my sons) ..you guessed it , it's black .

Old 01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
RADLINE
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used many of there products.
Very nice stuff, some a bit over priced but none that I ever used and said...WTF? LOL
Dont forget to clean your paint real well by using a clay bar on it before you hand / orbital polish it.
Clay bars are addictive, I even use it on my glass! Z-71 Chevy.... Not my windshield silly... hehe

Old 01-27-2012, 10:51 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love all of the many Griotts products I have tried.
I especially reccommend using their clay bar at least a
few times a year before any serious detailing.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
jpglide
Cruiser

I've used quite a few of their products (including the 3" orbital) over the years. Never disappointed with quality, but like others have said, the brand tends to be a little pricey. Worth it IMO.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:02 PM
TexasJR
Tourer

Why a different clay for the glass? Clay for paint and clay for glass? And why would you not use clay on the windshield? (have NEVER used clay.......but going to this time around)

Old 01-28-2012, 11:05 PM
rlaf75
Tourer

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
I went the Griots route a few years ago. Nothing bad to say about the product but don't really believe any better that other mainstream name brands. Haven't bought any since, too easy to get the others.
+1. My gfriends father used it on his Audi's and swore by it so i managed to talk him into parting with some and tried it. not bad stuff but nothing too special

Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
chefie
Novice

Not sure if you have heard of this website but check out www.autogeek.net they sell all types of real good waxes, polishes, etc at a reasonable price. The website also provides information about all the products . I have order the detailer pro shampoo, pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion, pinnacle signature series II carnauba wax and poorboy's professional polish. Have had amazing results. Just my 2 cents

Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by chefie
Not sure if you have heard of this website but check out www.autogeek.net they sell all types of real good waxes, polishes, etc at a reasonable price. The website also provides information about all the products . I have order the detailer pro shampoo, pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion, pinnacle signature series II carnauba wax and poorboy's professional polish. Have had amazing results. Just my 2 cents
Nice site, thanks

Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 AM
RADLINE
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasJR
Why a different clay for the glass? Clay for paint and clay for glass? And why would you not use clay on the windshield? (have NEVER used clay.......but going to this time around)
I always use the same clay bar for the paint and the glass - I didnt know there was a special clay bar for glass - if that's what you are talking about...
Works just fine on both for me!

Quick Reply: Griots Polishes and Waxes?