Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

My first choice would be black pearl.. Saw an 07 SG a few months back that color and fell in love with it.. Looking back now I am a total idiot, They had it priced at 15700 had 17k miles.. Wasnt the time for me to buy though so I had to walk... Now it looks like Im liking the silver more an more, the vivid black would be a close second, the denim black has me leery of scratches and paint matching.. My buddy just bought a blue one so I prefer to stray away from that color....

Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

If there would have been a solid pewter pearl available when I bought my 09,I'd be driving it now.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Here is my Pewter Pearl. It is a Gloss metallic silver with a hint of pewter. It is two different colors outside and inside. I'm very happy with it.

The following users liked this post:
Randy Barger (11-05-2021)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

that is one slick ride

Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm OCD about clean bikes. I'm really liking this color just for that. It simply never looks dirty.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the look of the silver bikes. I have a friend who blacked his silver bike out and it's pretty awesome.

In regards to the denim paint, I have two friends with denim bikes, both of them seem to have polished parts of the sides of their tanks from their jeans rubbing against them while riding. There is nothing they can do to repair them other than have the tank repainted, and then it's a gamble if it will match.

I love the idea of the satin silver. I wonder if H-D will ever warm up to that idea....

Red Hot Sunglo of course is the best color!!!

mikebaby

Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a White Hot Denim SG this past summer all blacked out. Looked SWEET!!! The lighter the color in Denim, the less it will show scratches/rub marks too. Still happy with my choice of a Satin finish though. May even do my next bike in the same finish. Maybe I should contact HD and suggest it. As cool as the Denim looks, I really hear a lot complain about wear and tear on it.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Redmen Rides
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody is starting to get me concerned about the denim paint! I havent noticed any problems yet with my finish. No scratches or rub marks, but I take a lot of extra precaution with anything that involves my bikes. Hopefully the white will be better like you say Lancemchn. The only problem I have is getting use to not polishing it or waxing when detailing like I have with other bikes.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:53 AM
1HD2NV
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not my favorite pics as I have done a lot to the bike since but they are high quality outdoor pics so...

'10 Brilliant Silver

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??-7-28-10.jpg   Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??-07-28-10.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think the white would've fine. I had the blue and even if I rubbed too hard in one spot it buffed the finish to where it was shinier. Lighter colors are always better with not showing stuff. The Peeter was pretty good but Black is the worst for denim. Gotta be super **** with it and even then... I think the problem lies in that the actual paint it matted, not a matte clear coat.

Quick Reply: Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??