Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have the Brilliant Silver Pearl and doubt there is an easier bike to keep clean! Looks fantastic in the sun also. I've had a black vehicle. Never again. On a bike I'd go absolutely insane trying to keep it clean. Let alone the nasty swirl marks that will inevitably appear.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
texasrich27
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is redhot sunglo which I like but if I were buying it today, I'd get the silver and put black pipes on it. Progressive Suspension has a silver one on their website with black Vance and Hines monster ovals...looks awesome in my opinion. And you can never really go wrong with a black bike.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Silver colored cars get hit more than any other color, it is the hardest color to see. Bikes are hard enough to see painted bright colors.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Silver colored cars get hit more than any other color, it is the hardest color to see. Bikes are hard enough to see painted bright colors.
a quick google search of this says that silver is the least likely to be involved in a accident. Black the most likely.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:34 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Red sun-glo would be my pic! which is close to my Black Cherry Pearl

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??-100_1207.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
a quick google search of this says that silver is the least likely to be involved in a accident. Black the most likely.
I don't know what google says, but the cops that showed up seven different times when someone hit my silver car said never get a silver car, people never see them. I got rid of that car and never bought another silver vehicle and have not been hit since. That is just my experience, it could be nobody has ever ran into a silver google so they see it another way.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Flat paints can show their sins easily. Vivid Black is of course timeless , and looks sweet on that model, of course there might be a bajillion of them out there, but so what. I can tell you with a half Brilliant Silver Pearl bike that it shines and shows nice. You did not say what colour Blue ? That Big Blue colour is popular this year ! Tough choices , but still good to be having these kind of choices in life ....good luck.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
I don't know what google says, but the cops that showed up seven different times when someone hit my silver car said never get a silver car, people never see them. I got rid of that car and never bought another silver vehicle and have not been hit since. That is just my experience, it could be nobody has ever ran into a silver google so they see it another way.
My experience is actually different and I have been showing up to crashes for over 20 years LOL and I personally can not think of any color that stands out for being invloved in crashes any more then any other colors. If in fact silver was hit more often insurance on silver cars would be higher. I have always owned silver cars and knock on wood never been hit yet.
You have been hit 7 different times, you are lucky to be alive.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Redmen Rides
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought long and hard about getting silver, but when I seen my bike out in the sunlight, I was blown away with the White Hot Denim. And remember to each his own, some people love blk, red silver, etc. For instance a bike in any color of blue would be my last choice, but many people really like blue.

Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The gloss pewter is the color to have, if you can get it.

~Joe

Quick Reply: Street Glide colors Plz help, Silver ??