Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Street Glide Wheel questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Proud Infidel
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Street Glide Wheel questions

Hey Guys,
First post....
Looking for some help/feedback. I have a 2012 streetglide that I am getting ready to do a wheel package on. I want to do a 21" front wheel.

I am looking for some good wheel sources I am sure I am missing some of the manufacturers out there. I am going to the usual places but cost is pretty high.

I am looking to do aluminium from/rear with matching rotors and air cleaner. I also want to drop the front down. Any pictures or suggestions would be great.

JP

Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To my knowledge Performance Machine is the only outfit making matching A/C Covers. Popular companies discussed on this forum for wheels are HogPro, Renegade, Wanaryd, Costal Moto.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM
WanaRyd Wheels
Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Welcome to the Forum Proud Infidel! Be sure to go to the new members area and introduce yourself once you have a minute, There is a lot of great information on here from loyal HD members.

PM me if you have any specific questions about size/fitment/pricing - I'd be more than happy to help you as you do your research. Check out our WanaRyd wheel page, we have some styles I think you may be interested in.

We make matching air cleaners for all of our WanaRyd wheel styles.

Ryd Safe!

Originally Posted by Proud Infidel
Hey Guys,
First post....
Looking for some help/feedback. I have a 2012 streetglide that I am getting ready to do a wheel package on. I want to do a 21" front wheel.

I am looking for some good wheel sources I am sure I am missing some of the manufacturers out there. I am going to the usual places but cost is pretty high.

I am looking to do aluminium from/rear with matching rotors and air cleaner. I also want to drop the front down. Any pictures or suggestions would be great.

JP

WanaRyd Motorcycle
1-888-926-2793

Last edited by WanaRyd Wheels; 01-24-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyMay
To my knowledge Performance Machine is the only outfit making matching A/C Covers. Popular companies discussed on this forum for wheels are HogPro, Renegade, Wanaryd, Costal Moto.
I know that Renegade makes matching air cleaners.

mikebaby

Old 01-24-2012, 04:28 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

I have a complete 21" front wheel set-up with 1k miles on it that will bolt right on your bike. ABS bearings already in it. Rotors/carriers, all of it. It is a Hog-Pro Primitive Black magic. Wheel quality is unreal good. The anodizing is just 1st class.

$900 and your wheel/tire as a trade.

I'm in Florida also so if you're willing to come to Daytona I can do the swap here.

Here's my email tgriffin36@cfl.rr.com

Last edited by shore; 01-24-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM
acd118
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

By no means am I putting anyone else's wheels down, but I spent MONTHS comparing wheels, designs, prices, shipping, and even the pros and cons between forged and cast for price reasons (but you definitely want forged). I scoured the internet and every manufacturer for the right fit and sizes. Depending on your year, some sizes work better than others. Since your bike bike is a '12, I am completely adamant that you should get the 21x3.5 inch Front wheel and the 17x6.25 inch rear so you can run a 200 mm wide tire. This is the combo I have. It is amazing. Handles as good as stock and looks better. I have had zero problems with this set up and have almost 4,000 miles on it.I was told that the 18 inch rear wheel makes the new bikes wobble and if you go with an Avon or Dunlop tire, they only come in a 55 mm sidewall ratio (makes the tire taller). I am running Metzlers and they are fantastic. I got my wheels from HogPro and couldn't be happier. I got the classic Panther five spoke design with matching rotors which looks freaking dynamite on my bike, and have seen several A/C options from various manufacturers that would go great since it is a basic five spoke design. It is also my understanding that HogPro somehow uses Perf. Machine wheels so you know they are awesome wheels. I get compliments and questions every time I go out. Some people ask me if it is an option from the factory and other people ask me if they are the new RC Comp or Colorado Customs wheels. I shine the **** out of them constantly since it is a big investment, but anyone can keep their wheels clean. What makes it even better is I was able to sell my stock wheels, tires, and rotors, for almost $600 on Ebay, so I got some of the money back.

I had a minor issue with one of the tires having a scuff in it when it came to my house but HogPro completely made it right by providing me with a brand new tire after I sent my old one back. They were fantastic to deal with and I highly recommend them to anyone. Great price based on what everyone else was charging, the exact fit that I wanted with no fitment issues at all, outstanding customer service, and great products that showed up at my door a day before they said it would. Ask for Phil, he is a cool cat and will answer any question you have and call you back if you ask.

Again, there are a ton of great wheel manufacturers out there, but my best price, fit, and experience was with HogPro. Highly recommended!!!

Last edited by acd118; 01-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by acd118
By no means am I putting anyone else's wheels down, but I spent MONTHS comparing wheels, designs, prices, shipping, and even the pros and cons between forged and cast for price reasons (but you definitely want forged). I scoured the internet and every manufacturer for the right fit and sizes. Depending on your year, some sizes work better than others. Since your bike bike is a '12, I am completely adamant that you should get the 21x3.5 inch Front wheel and the 17x6.25 inch rear so you can run a 200 mm wide tire. This is the combo I have. It is amazing. Handles as good as stock and looks better. I have had zero problems with this set up and have almost 4,000 miles on it.I was told that the 18 inch rear wheel makes the new bikes wobble and if you go with an Avon or Dunlop tire, they only come in a 55 mm sidewall ratio (makes the tire taller). I am running Metzlers and they are fantastic. I got my wheels from HogPro and couldn't be happier. I got the classic Panther five spoke design with matching rotors which looks freaking dynamite on my bike, and have seen several A/C options from various manufacturers that would go great since it is a basic five spoke design. It is also my understanding that HogPro somehow uses Perf. Machine wheels so you know they are awesome wheels. I get compliments and questions every time I go out. Some people ask me if it is an option from the factory and other people ask me if they are the new RC Comp or Colorado Customs wheels. I shine the **** out of them constantly since it is a big investment, but anyone can keep their wheels clean. What makes it even better is I was able to sell my stock wheels, tires, and rotors, for almost $600 on Ebay, so I got some of the money back.

I had a minor issue with one of the tires having a scuff in it when it came to my house but HogPro completely made it right by providing me with a brand new tire after I sent my old one back. They were fantastic to deal with and I highly recommend them to anyone. Great price based on what everyone else was charging, the exact fit that I wanted with no fitment issues at all, outstanding customer service, and great products that showed up at my door a day before they said it would. Ask for Phil, he is a cool cat and will answer any question you have and call you back if you ask.

Again, there are a ton of great wheel manufacturers out there, but my best price, fit, and experience was with HogPro. Highly recommended!!!
Thanks for the kind words. It is really nice to hear that you had a great experience with us and took the time to share on this forum. We appreciate it!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Proud Infidel
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shore
I have a complete 21" front wheel set-up with 1k miles on it that will bolt right on your bike. ABS bearings already in it. Rotors/carriers, all of it. It is a Hog-Pro Primitive Black magic. Wheel quality is unreal good. The anodizing is just 1st class.

$900 and your wheel/tire as a trade.

I'm in Florida also so if you're willing to come to Daytona I can do the swap here.

Here's my email tgriffin36@cfl.rr.com
PM Sent

Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Proud Infidel
1st Gear

Originally Posted by WanaRyd Wheels
Welcome to the Forum Proud Infidel! Be sure to go to the new members area and introduce yourself once you have a minute, There is a lot of great information on here from loyal HD members.

PM me if you have any specific questions about size/fitment/pricing - I'd be more than happy to help you as you do your research. Check out our WanaRyd wheel page, we have some styles I think you may be interested in.

We make matching air cleaners for all of our WanaRyd wheel styles.

Ryd Safe!
Can you please PM me a price for a RSD-DOM-BMP Domino Contrast Cut Platinum 21X3.5" with matching rotors.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Proud Infidel
PM Sent

You can't do PM's yet, Your post count has to be higher. You'll have to email me.

tgriffin36@cfl.rr.com