Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whitewall Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Whitewall Cleaner

ORIGINAL: 100thRK

I have great luck with the Mr. CLean Magic Erasers. There are several different kinds of Mr Clean Magic Erasers. Make sure and get the ones for wheels and tires. Works great for me and only takes a few minutes per tire.
And those whitewalls are white!

Old 12-13-2006, 05:43 PM
roadking07
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A while back I took my bike in to the dealer to get new cams and true dual headers put on and since I spent some money they detailed my bike for me and when I picked it up I couldn't believe how white they got my whitewalls. I mean extremely white - they were whiter and brighter than when I got it brand new. And this is after 7500 miles on these tires and they were glowing. So I asked what they used and they very reluctantly told me of this contact and circuit board cleaner by Wurth Sabesto. They reluctantly told me beacuse this stuff is extremely flammable and one of their employeed caught his hand on fire from the product sparking off of some electrical current that it picked up from a bike. So since this stuff worked so good I has to get some and it took searching high and low but I finally found some at a mercedes-benz dealership in the parts department of all places. It is a German product and you can't believe how easy this stuff is to use and how great it works. All you have to do is spray some on a rag or towel and wipe the whitewall before the stuff dries on the rag (this stuff is fast drying) and everything comes right off. No scrubbing no back breaking work - Just spray on a rag and wipe on the whitewall and everything comes off and your left with perfectly white whitewalls. I included some pictures of the bottle that I was able to locate at the car dealership. I will never scrub another whitewall again. This stuff is amazing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16998/42CA103DF40B402DB88E4A394D166FA8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

YIKES! I like to clean my bike but I draw the line at going up in flames over it!

ORIGINAL: roadking07

A while back I took my bike in to the dealer to get new cams and true dual headers put on and since I spent some money they detailed my bike for me and when I picked it up I couldn't believe how white they got my whitewalls. I mean extremely white - they were whiter and brighter than when I got it brand new. And this is after 7500 miles on these tires and they were glowing. So I asked what they used and they very reluctantly told me of this contact and circuit board cleaner by Wurth Sabesto. They reluctantly told me beacuse this stuff is extremely flammable and one of their employeed caught his hand on fire from the product sparking off of some electrical current that it picked up from a bike. So since this stuff worked so good I has to get some and it took searching high and low but I finally found some at a mercedes-benz dealership in the parts department of all places. It is a German product and you can't believe how easy this stuff is to use and how great it works. All you have to do is spray some on a rag or towel and wipe the whitewall before the stuff dries on the rag (this stuff is fast drying) and everything comes right off. No scrubbing no back breaking work - Just spray on a rag and wipe on the whitewall and everything comes off and your left with perfectly white whitewalls. I included some pictures of the bottle that I was able to locate at the car dealership. I will never scrub another whitewall again. This stuff is amazing.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,484 Likes on 4,379 Posts

Yeah, that's wacky stuff with a low flash point, and when exposed to some light or active electricity in the area produces phosgene gas.[&o] Much cheaper, and a bit less dangerous is aerosol 'brake and electric motor cleaner' at NAPA and elsewhere. No smoking, kids!
ORIGINAL: petemac

YIKES! I like to clean my bike but I draw the line at going up in flames over it!

"...contact and circuit board cleaner by Wurth Sabesto... They reluctantly told me beacuse this stuff is extremely flammable and one of their employeed caught his hand on fire from the product sparking off of some electrical current that it picked up from a bike."

[/quote]