Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Model paint colours and two tones you wished the MoCo would produce ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I often wonder what a Denim Black / Big Blue Pearl combo would look like

Old 01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master

Some good comments to ponder. I like the suggestion of Denim Black and Gloss Orange. Think the Orange on Orange would have been a bigger hit with some serious Black to break it up. The Big BLue Pearl was no doubt the popular colour this year, but the Black two tone did not make it jump out at ya, as much as some other colour combs could have, again Blue and Silver, Blue & White, Blue and another metallic black maybe ? As for the pinstripe some like it and some not, I would have preferred a red pinstripe instead of the light blue I have. Really like the midnight pearl, it shows nice in the sun, could even live with the entire bike in that colour. It does seem the colour combos are not well thought out, and design (paint layout) seems to be rather stuck in a couple patterns, although I admit to liking the lines the paint follow on the Ultra Classic, and the Softial Deluxe. Seems they can pull out the stops for the CVO models and think outside the Standard MoCo fare why not a bit of such thinking for the standard models, as they are not exactly giving them away. Not saying the standard fleet requires the entire CVO Paint treatment, but rather some shaking up in the paint dept would be nice.
Thoughts ?

Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my own two-tone ('57 Chevy colors, Sierra Gold and Adobe Beige).

What probably got me thinking along those lines was the Turquoise/White combo that came out a couple of years ago.

But, then again, part of what I like about this combo is that there probably isn't another trike like it.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
BlueKite
Cruiser

+1 for purple, as long as it's the right shade.

Pacific blue again would-be nice.

Black pearl.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer

Some great ideas.....

Black denim + Orange (less, not more) or black denim + Big Blue Pearl would absolutely POP in the hands of talented artists...

Also, I agree with the idea to completely leave off pinstripes. Since it is under the clear, you are stuck with that color scheme unless you redo tins entirely... It would be nice to have a blank template...

Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'd like to see them delete the two-tone/pin stripes on the EGC and Ultra saddlebag lids and leave them a single color/no pinstripes as they are on the EG Limited.

Carl

Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my RK, I just wanted the black and silver combo on a Road King Standard. It wasn't available Figured that was an easy request.

better yet.....how about NO Pinstripes?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueKite
+1 for purple, as long as it's the right shade.

Pacific blue again would-be nice.

Black pearl.

The MoCo does purple as a limited availabilty "custom" color about every 3 years. Trust me, I know, I look for them.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
fathertime
Road Master

i will eventually do a sedona orange and pewter pearl combo on my bike ..other expenses seem to keep getting in the way tho..

Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
SD2010FXDWG
Cruiser

i think something like a hot red denim with a little denim black or just a solid hot red denim would be sweet..i liked the hot white denim of 2011

Quick Reply: HD Model paint colours and two tones you wished the MoCo would produce ?