Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 07 Ultra. Fresh engine build. Also ?'s about IDS on higher HP bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Damn impressive Rye! We're excited for you to fire that up the first time.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM
2007 HD Ultra Classic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope it runs ok to break in with the old tune. With cams changed, new TB and larger injectors, Pipe and porting im not holding my breath...Ill take assembly pics and post progress as it comes together!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
garett742
Advanced

How did this thing turn out?!?!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeh, it's gone a bit too quiet.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 PM
2007 HD Ultra Classic
Cruiser

Sorry for the delay on the climax boys.

Life got busy with a seperation and such.

She lives, at about 2500 miles right now Sounds just awesome, very lopie and a nice bark. Makes great power from 2000 and up. New gear ratio is awesome, 6th gear is a breeze at almost every speed. The isolated drive really smoothes things out. SE compensator is rock solid, no more startup bang, or the rattle/bang if you accidentally lug it. Dyno numbers were less than I was hoping, but with 4 likely culprits. Do note, it still rips, I rocked a SE Ultra Classic in some stoplight to stoplight play, it wasnt even close (I dont know what they make for power)

It went 111/111 a few times in a row. A big jump....but....Im not happy.

The suspected culprits....

-The AF ratio was not squeeky clean, And I feel like the tuner gave up. Were confident there is more on the table. (not sure what to even expect)

-There was a big torque dip on tip-in. We determined by looking at the gear ratio charts that it slipped the clutch with an SE spring. I just ordered a Barnett Scorpion for it.

-Somehow, by a mathmatical error (mine) we missed the target cranking compression of 200-205 and ended up at 185....Dan Baisley is fixing that as we speak.

-Apparently the SE 50mm throttle body sucks. (by the word of some tuners and people in the know) So off it came.

So.....Dans fixing the compression issue right now. Ill be installing the Scorpion clutch and installing a HPI 55mm tb with 1.750" runners when the heads get home.

Possibly a pipe change to a PP H.O. - Still on the fence with the pipe, I like the sound right now.

Again, Im not sure really where im expecting to end up. Im confident at this point that im insane.

I will post and update as it re-comes together. Itll be a bit as Baisley is busy. But his headwork was nice enough to justify the wait.

Heres the Dyno sheets. Again, the Tip-in had a big power drop, the clutch should fix this. Made alot of torque at a pretty low RPM. Not bad for a cam of its size. Still rocking hard at 6200 as well.

I really confident the clutch and other things will make notable changes. We will see.

More to come

Attached Thumbnails New 07 Ultra.  Fresh engine build. Also ?'s about IDS on higher HP bikes?-hddyno.jpg  

Last edited by 2007 HD Ultra Classic; 06-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
2007 HD Ultra Classic
Cruiser

Heads are coming back together. Hoping to have them within a few weeks here.

I got a new set of pushrods from Smith Brothers, they look alot beefier than the HD Screamin Eagle ones I was using.

Ordered a Horsepower Inc Delphi 55mm throttle body with 1.800" runners from Dennis Kirk and a new KF325 air filter from Wood Performance. The filter will fit the stock plate but is alot taller than whats available from HD.

Barnett Scorpion billet clutch kit, Digital oil temp/dipstick and oil cooler are in. Just have to pick them up.

Hoping to have everything back together and be waiting for the heads within the next week or so. Ill take some fun pics of the clutch and such as it comes together.

Im going to go with the origional tuner a I was going to use prior to using St. Croix HD in New Richmond. After talking to him, im confident he will do my bike well.

Again, dont know what to expect. But im hoping to have one of the bigger power NA 103's around....guess we'll see.

Till then

Ryan