Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide on a new seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Fosgate77
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide on a new seat

I want to get a new seat for my bike. I have a 07 street glide I want stylish combined with comfort. I do ride 2 up quite a bit.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

I put a Corbin Dual Tourer on mine. The GF really likes it. When she's happy, she makes me happy.
BTW, I love it.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Lots of options out there. I went with C&C (Fastback with removable driver backrest) and am very happy with the seat. Great workmanship, comfortable and looks good. They will also work with you if you want to customize the fit, and provide excellent customer service.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I have a Corbin classic close solo, with backrest. I had them put softer foam in after trying some really hard corbins in the past. The softer foam makes the seat feel like it is already broken in right from the factory, very comfortable. The only problem is with the seat mount brackets they use now with the locking seats. If you change seats quite a bit like I do, removing and replacing and aligning the brackets every time is an annoyance.

Tried a Mustang solo, but to me is was like sitting on a flat board, not the hardness, but the seatpan was totally flat, no contour there. It was too soft, and I didn't like the slightly raised position. Also the edge of the seat cut off the circulation to my legs.
I had to pull over at times to walk around and get the circulation back to my legs, if you have ever had that happen when riding, it is SCARY! You start to loose function in your legs, like they are going asleep, not good. That went on Ebay after 3 rides!

I also have a sundowner that I use on occasion, it is pretty comfortable, better than stock, and puts me in the right position at 5'11" 30" inseam. I use a Mustang backrest with this seat, the best backrest on the market IMO.

Been looking at C&C's too, the prices look to be better than Corbin, and it wouldn't be hard to beat Corbin's shitty customer service. That will be my next seat, yea I keep most of them, swap them out to change the look and feel of the bike, like changing clothes. LOL

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have 5 seats, my Mustang is my favorite.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a C&C..great seat except got a little uncomfortable after 4-5 hours in the saddle...just ordered another Corbin--had one on the last bike..it's a little firmer, but gives all day comfort. The downside: C&C has great customer service--Corbin--not so much--but once they get it right they make one hell of a good seat!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Yojimbo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Mustang. It's pretty comfortable between fillups, and I think it looks good.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Safe Sax
Cruiser

Contact Allen at Mean City Cycles. He did a memory foam mod on mine and both the wife and I love it. Also much less expensive than a new seat.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:40 PM
mike 1955
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yojimbo
I like my Mustang. It's pretty comfortable between fillups, and I think it looks good.
what kind of Mustang?

Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Mike I have the Mustang Sport Touring and it is a very comfortable seat.
I have done several 400 mile days without troubles. The wife likes it also. Just go to there website and take a gander. They also have a policy if you buy from the directly you have 10 days to keep the seat or send it back for another one. That in itself is pretty awesome.

Quick Reply: Help me decide on a new seat