Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED turn signals and brake lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Trojan63
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bar and shield is a sticker, you do not have to put it on.....

Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

I also have the cds in.my sg.had them on my softtail..great products..and good service

Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
+1 on the Custom Dynamics Crew .... Super Service ... and they stand behind their products .... had a problem with something I got from them and they made it right .... right away ... The way business should be done !
Well,....not always.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:26 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to admit that although I have had LED issues with Custom Dynamics; especially the front turns - which they eventually fixed; their customer service is what every other - especially HD, should be - excellent!

Ride In Peace

Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I had CD led's on my '10 Ultra. As others have stated they were a decent easily installed system. I had one problem however that no one else has mentioned. When using my directional signals with the fm on there was a hissing noise over the radio when the lights flashed. When I contacted customer service they told me this was normal with fringe stations. Has anybody else experienced this issue and if so what did you do to correct it?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by teedubya
I had CD led's on my '10 Ultra. As others have stated they were a decent easily installed system. I had one problem however that no one else has mentioned. When using my directional signals with the fm on there was a hissing noise over the radio when the lights flashed. When I contacted customer service they told me this was normal with fringe stations. Has anybody else experienced this issue and if so what did you do to correct it?
This can be an issue if you have an amp installed but is not very common on bikes with no amps. The fix is to use the equalizer with built-in RF filter. It costs $5.00 more. My suggestion to anyone using the CD LED's and equalizer is to install the equalizer that is RF Filtered regardless of whether you have an amp or not. You can also purchase a filter from Aero Stitch in Duluth MN.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Mtnwarrior
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Can't speak to the other tail light signal options, but you won't find a better tail light than what's offered by brightasslights.com.

Carl
Except that they don't offer one for the Street Glide.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Where can I find just the bulbs for my 2013 FXS Blackline turn and stop lights?

Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtnwarrior
Except that they don't offer one for the Street Glide.

Does a 2011 Street Glide have a tail light? I thought it was like my Road Glide, no tail light, just the multi function run/brake/turn signals. I had the Brightass on my 07 RG but it had a tail light.

I also run CD ringz for the front turns and am currently working on re doing the rear turns with CD clusters which will be run/brake/turn with amber tuns. I have also ordered new LED's for the tri light in the rear fender which will also be a brake light when done.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:19 AM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with all Kuryakin turn signals and brake light.....very happy with the outcome. I also added a run/brake/turn LED light bar to the tour pack from Ride Time Technology, only about $92.00. Good luck with your changeover - no matter which brand you choose you will like the look, I'm sure.

Quick Reply: LED turn signals and brake lights