Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

painted inner fairing and Cap

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am ready to sell a kidney if your pics come back looking great :-)
Cannot wait to see how yours comes out. I will have my done before I pick it up (assuming I ever get done with negotiating on the thing.)

Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would also like to see pics, if possible, post install, for us "folks" sitting on the sidelines watching ?

Old 01-21-2012, 05:35 PM
LJROY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painted inner fairing looks so much better. Harley should put painted ones on the bikes. My opinion of course. Doing this to mine next month. Local painter quoted
$150.00 for inner fairing and switch housing. He uses PPG.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Black Pearl Pinted Inner Fairing!

Originally Posted by LJROY
Painted inner fairing looks so much better. Harley should put painted ones on the bikes. My opinion of course.

I went the MOCO route. My local dealer hosted our Annual HOG Christmas party, during which we all pulled discount chips. I pulled a 15% chip so ordered it from them. I figured since I have a Black Pearl bike and this being a multi-stage paint color the MOCO would be the best route. This is one of my best and favorite mods. It's not that hard of a project either with all the help from this forum. Judge for yourself:

Before:

During:

After:

Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 PM
LJROY
Advanced

Originally Posted by The Q

I went the MOCO route. My local dealer hosted our Annual HOG Christmas party, during which we all pulled discount chips. I pulled a 15% chip so ordered it from them. I figured since I have a Black Pearl bike and this being a multi-stage paint color the MOCO would be the best route. This is one of my best and favorite mods. It's not that hard of a project either with all the help from this forum. Judge for yourself:

Before:

During:

After:
looks great Q! did you have to drill holes for your mirrors or were they predrilled?

Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by LJROY
looks great Q! did you have to drill holes for your mirrors or were they predrilled?
Thanks. The inner fairing comes un-drilled, but they give you a template and new weather seals. The template is real easy to use, but still provides some pucker factor as I REALLY wasn't sure I wanted to drill that nice new inner fairing. Once the holes were drilled there was no going back.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
LJROY
Advanced

mine is vivid black so local painter can match easy.went back and forth which way to go .so for the money savings im going to give him a try. like your fuel door to wish they made it for 06.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, the painted looks so much better ! I also wished they would accomplish this at factory, makes for a more finished look.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:35 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Factory painted:

~Joe

Old 01-22-2012, 05:31 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bushy
Thanks CarL, yes I have found the paint is high end, in regards to those that ask.. 2012 offered a Big Blue Pearl on the limited... its a shade off off the 2010 blue offered, had them side by side, subtle but yes different.. After all is said and done I am selling a kidney and Blood and doing the HD install, 20% off parts and labor.. and exactly matching my paint...

Bushy, Why are you lying..... you are not going to spend the money, you are just going to show up on Joe's door step for the install. Plus Joe is going to do a better job. Be Safe and stay warm up there.

JIM, BTW it hit 80 yesterday.

Quick Reply: painted inner fairing and Cap