Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Information for 07 Riders with Heat Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006 | 12:27 PM
GOSTAZ
|
Road Master
Default Good Information for 07 Riders with Heat Issues

Folks,
Cannot believe that I was riding this Sunday! Woo Hoo! This may have already been posted, and if so, I apologize.

http://www.coolclimbing.com/2007harl...kingclassi.htm

Cheers,
GOSTAZ

Old 12-12-2006 | 01:56 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Good Information for 07 Riders with Heat Issues

Much more useful and more accurate information if you just read this forum, that site is to one sided from a displeased owner.

Old 12-12-2006 | 03:05 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Much more useful and more accurate information if you just read this forum, that site is to one sided from a displeased owner.
[sm=exactly.gif] This forum Valuable!!! for sure.

Old 12-12-2006 | 03:15 PM
cw3
4th Gear

I still cannot figure out why my 2007 Ultra, built in Sept. runs absolutely great. Yes, I 'm gonna do an AC, PCIII, and V&H Ovals....but I have done that to all of my Harley's in the past. I'm in Houston, Texas...not real cold here. No heat issues, no surging........just runs like a stock Harley.

I just wanted to make sure we get a true and unbiased report from the whole cross section of '07 owners.

Thanks,

CW

Old 12-12-2006 | 03:27 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

This all started in 06 with the exception of the trans problem. I had to add a SERT to get my 06 SG to run properly. I think HD doing there dealer dirty with releasing these bikes like this. I can only wish the dealers would be honest with people and tell them that these things should be done. but then again they can't because then they are telling you to violate EPA standards. it just sucks but the HD has there hands tied. I think the only fix will be to make a water cooled motor. You can only lean an air cooled motor out so much before you start having problem and HD reached there max on the 06 models. Now they went well over there max leaning on the 07's.

Old 12-12-2006 | 05:12 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

From all of the good and bad reports about heat and surging, the real issue is most likely poor quality control in the ECM set-up for each bike.
They probably got some flunky that sets up the ECM for a given bike, sometimes he loads the right MAP, sometimes he doesn't.
Or the guy that takes ECM over the assembler, may he's not be paying attention to which bike he giving it to, or just doesn't know.
That's my take anyways.

If everyone with heat and surging got a PC III or SERT and a dyno tune, then they would be happy, elated even.
But they should not have to spend the extra money to be satisfied.

Old 12-12-2006 | 05:55 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

And thats why the updated SB was released for.And why the new stage releases are coming.

Old 12-12-2006 | 06:40 PM
GOSTAZ
|
Road Master

Love this forum.. Just thought it was interesting to see a different take on things. Also, I was one of those 06 Owners that had issues with heat, bike setup, the whole deal. I found one good dealership, and a really ROCKING independent. He did the 5000 Mile service, and my bike runs like a dream now. I am not real happy with my dealership experience, but I really like my Street Glide. I hope that folks with 07's get some satisfaction, whether it be from their dealers, an independent shop, or wherever.... As far as my warranty, I don't really give a damn. If I have to go back to most dealers around here for service on my bike? The terrorists win.

Old 12-12-2006 | 07:29 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

I love my 07, no issues yet, 2,000 miles on it. I believe that most have had no issues, and a small few that have. I feel sorry or the few that have had issues. If you want to complain about the heat, and having to get A/C ,SERT and slip-ons, call the EPA and complain.

Old 12-12-2006 | 07:38 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

HD couldnt deal w/losing the SERT option nationwide.

Quick Reply: Good Information for 07 Riders with Heat Issues