Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012 | 01:45 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain
Default may be moving away from the brand

my SG was my first harley, will it be my last? im not sure

i had alot of fun modifying it, it was a great long hauler
it turned lots of heads, it also drained my wallet lol

i thought this was gonna be the bike for me and my wife to travel on, and it would be a keeper. Im not sure thats the case though.

i came from sport bikes, and love riding at the track.
im a sucker for tight corners and curvy roads..
i threw the SG around as much as i could, dragging parts and wearing my self out.

im tired of trying to throw around a 900lb bike and not feeling that adrenaline like i used to on a sport touring bike.

so i may be making the move away from Harley.
i have my eyes set on a new Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring, 462lb and 150hp

ill probably still pop in on the forum, i enjoy reading everyones comments, and also like to help the community with any info i have.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 01-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-18-2012 | 01:58 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain

Sounds like you need TWO bikes....One for two-up touring and one for twisty racing adrenaline. What does she want?
SC

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:03 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SunCruise
Sounds like you need TWO bikes....One for two-up touring and one for twisty racing adrenaline. What does she want?
SC
she wants comfort and good handling
i want something light, powerful and good handling

if 2 bikes was an option i would have already went and bought a second.

which was what i was going to do, but we are starting up a business, so thats out of the question

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:06 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
my SG was my first harley, will it be my last? im not sure

<snip>

i have my eyes set on a new Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring, 462lb and 150hp
I know a couple from Illinois, very good friends that have gone from Harley to all things Italian. Travel, cooking, Multistradas, etc. They're still fun to party with. They'll be here for a week during Bike Week, either on a Multistrada or one of my Harleys.

Only thing I can see as a problem for you changin' brands is the expense you'll have to go to gettin' that garage repainted in Italian colors.....

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:08 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jinks
I know a couple from Illinois, very good friends that have gone from Harley to all things Italian. Travel, cooking, Multistradas, etc. They're still fun to party with. They'll be here for a week during Bike Week, either on a Multistrada or one of my Harleys.

Only thing I can see as a problem for you changin' brands is the expense you'll have to go to gettin' that garage repainted in Italian colors.....
lol yeah that shouldnt be to bad

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:09 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

Good luck, you'll be back.

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:26 PM
grzly
Road Master

got myself a multi1200 in Aug 2010. wow , what a machine ! anyway, long story short i ended up sellling my heritage last november cause i stopped using it, and at the time i really didnt have a good place to store it. Riding with a pillion is sooooooo much better. with electronic suspension and 150hp you have to sometimes check that the wife is still on. And the wife actually conceded that the Multi is more comfy than the Heritage ( with queen seat ) . dunno bout a SG though

i recommend ducati.ms forum as the best place for info on the Multi 1200 .

enjoy the ride

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:30 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master

Couple of those Ducati models are sexy, and I do mean the bikes. Not sure how well the dealership network for service and support is developed in some regions, but I would suspect you have done your homework. During a tour in Italy I did consider bringing one back, but that kind of speed needs to be controlled, and I may be lacking in that dept. LOL. Anyways good luck with the new ride and you always post a pic or two when you get it on the road, with some riding impressions. Cheers.

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:35 PM
Plasteredcat
Road Master

Wow really you would give up your street glide for a Ducati !!!!! WTF over ... Now if you said you were adding a horse to the stable and it was a Ducati I would fully understand. First off these two bikes are apples and oranges.

Why not buy a Ducati monster and blast down the road on some twisted up roads. What ne are like 10k . I been thinking of buying one and putting in my living room. They look great but after meaning most Ducati riders they don't ride much. You think the HD Dealer is in your pocket wait till the Ducati dealer rapes your rear with services. Don't get me wrong what your looking at is very nice but it's not the all American bagger. If you want 150 Hp drop in a built motor and blow a rice burner off the road. You can sing them an italian song as you fly by!

Old 01-18-2012 | 02:36 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by grzly
got myself a multi1200 in Aug 2010. wow , what a machine ! anyway, long story short i ended up sellling my heritage last november cause i stopped using it, and at the time i really didnt have a good place to store it. Riding with a pillion is sooooooo much better. with electronic suspension and 150hp you have to sometimes check that the wife is still on. And the wife actually conceded that the Multi is more comfy than the Heritage ( with queen seat ) . dunno bout a SG though

i recommend ducati.ms forum as the best place for info on the Multi 1200 .

enjoy the ride
good to hear you enjoy the multi, as well as wife.
dont know if ill be spending the big bucks on the S model with elctronic adjustable ohlins, though thats the model i want. but was already made an incredible deal on a non S model with bags. if the harley sells i probably wont hesitate on that deal. the Ohlins would be awesome to have, but the cost difference is major between the deal i was told to the S model. enough to make me forget about the Ohlins lol.. the non S model suspension is fabulous as well, just not eletrconically adjustable, and not as superior as the ohlins. I wont be able to outride the suspension on the non S model lol

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand