Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012 | 05:04 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mtclassic
my buddy has one and if his mates are riding Harleys he won't worry about it he will be going so fast. they look very good in person. My biggest issue is they are $$$$ and also not that easy to do your own maint. on compared to other bikes.
You gotta stop sometime mate. What are you gonna do, park around the corner from the pub and walk?

A thing of beauty is a joy forever. You could build a 250mph Datsun 120Y and no one would buy the fugging thing.

The combination of form and function that is a HD tourer is tough to beat. I guess thats why I own one.

All the best Hoblick, BTW, enjoy whatever you ride. Ride early, ride often.

Last edited by kingkingking; 01-19-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-19-2012 | 05:17 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingkingking
You gotta stop sometime mate. What are you gonna do, park around the corner from the pub and walk?

A thing of beauty is a joy forever. You could build a 250mph Datsun 120Y and no one would buy the fugging thing.

The combination of form and function that is a HD tourer is tough to beat. I guess thats why I own one.

All the best Hoblick, BTW, enjoy whatever you ride. Ride early, ride often.
you don't know ugly this what I ride ugliest bike on the road but it is mine and I aint embarrased so why would he be on a good looking Duc?

Old 01-19-2012 | 07:44 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

I understand completely coming from Sport-bikes myself. I tried riding my first cruiser like I was used to on my rockets and ended up riding the limits of the bike and crashing. Had to tame it down a lot. Must confess to not enjoying twistiest like I used to, they will lay waste of you trying to cut em up like sport bike. The only way to fix that is to have both but if that's not possible then you go with the one that satisfies that need the most and it sounds like you've done that. I'd probably be dead right now if I still rode sport, you can think of doing a stunt and the dang things will do it
for you with change.....

Old 01-19-2012 | 09:35 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

I rode on Mines Road from Patterson to Livermore behind a dude on a Multi.

It was the hardest work of my life keeping up with that guy. I was really tossing the bagger around the turns, dragging hard parts, standing on the floor boards at times, all in the quest of not letting him get more than 1 turn ahead of me.

Meanwhile, he was clipping along at a good pace but completely upright, not hanging off the bike, and not being shot off the seat in the rough stuff. It really looked like a fantastic mount to be on. I was impressed. It was the S model.

When we pulled over in Livermore we chopped it up for a while. He said to me "Dude, you can really make that bagger dance!"

I replied "Thank you," and didn't let on how beat and tired I was from that stretch of road. If he would have turned up the wick just a little bit he'd have been gone.

That was the ride that motivated me to buy the Dyna. Looking back I should have bought a Multistrada, RT, or GT (I had two BMW's previously and really liked them).

Old 01-19-2012 | 12:59 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mtclassic
you don't know ugly this what I ride ugliest bike on the road but it is mine and I aint embarrased so why would he be on a good looking Duc?
'cause it aint good looking, in anybodys language.

Old 01-19-2012 | 01:22 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingkingking
'cause it aint good looking, in anybodys language.
I speak my own tongue. It is cool in person. It is why they make chicken and steak and tofu I guess..

Old 01-19-2012 | 02:08 PM
Bleachey
Tourer

What I want to know is if the avatar of the OP is someone he knows intimately, when does he have time to ride?

Old 01-19-2012 | 03:24 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer

Originally Posted by gringo1450
The FZ1 has the R1 motor and a more relaxed riding position and you can pick one up a sweet one for 5K. I had one for a year and sold the good the parts and sold the stock bike and made $500

Check out the FZ1 forums

Your gonna lose that much and more when you come back
+1 I had the FZ1 and loved it for years but I scratched that itch and the time was right for me and the RoadGlide.

I ain't a HD apologist (What you need 150 HORSEPOWER for???? You're gonna put yer eye out with that thing!!!) and 'Happy Trails!" if you buy a Duc, but if it was me I would get a nice used FZ1 or similar to zip around on for a season first....

Old 01-19-2012 | 03:29 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bleachey
What I want to know is if the avatar of the OP is someone he knows intimately, when does he have time to ride?
Thats the wife.. She rides with me. Gotta make time for both lol

Old 01-19-2012 | 03:31 PM
captainjack
Road Master

i see a Ducati in my future but i'm not giving up the Ultra

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand