Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012 | 06:46 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member

Sad to hear. Whatever you choose just keep it rubber side down.

And if I see you on one of those things I will only give a partial wave. Only like a finger or sumptin

Old 01-18-2012 | 07:05 PM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Default Re:away from the brand

Can't argue about the power and handling. I have owned bikes that had gobs of both, and yes they were fun. But my Road King is more comfortable and stable 2 up then anything I have had ( and I had a Goldwing).
And admit it or not we are a bunch of snobs when it comes to our bikes. I will ride with anybody, I just don't know how I would feel about it if I was riding a metric with a bunch of my Harley friends. And I never ran with a more friendlier, sociable, organized bunch of party animals than my Harley buddies.
Keep the Harley, get a good deal on a used 900 Monster to satisfy your craving for Italian. That way you get your money back when you get over it.

Old 01-18-2012 | 07:16 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

yea, we all need 150 horsepower...to kill ourselves. hope you and your wife don't have any kids-and if you do--lots of life insurance.

Old 01-18-2012 | 07:39 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Harleys aren't for everybody, and I'm good with that. I don't put down anybody's ride, as long as it makes you happpy, I'm happy for you.

Old 01-18-2012 | 07:52 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
good to hear you enjoy the multi, as well as wife.
dont know if ill be spending the big bucks on the S model with elctronic adjustable ohlins, though thats the model i want. but was already made an incredible deal on a non S model with bags. if the harley sells i probably wont hesitate on that deal. the Ohlins would be awesome to have, but the cost difference is major between the deal i was told to the S model. enough to make me forget about the Ohlins lol.. the non S model suspension is fabulous as well, just not eletrconically adjustable, and not as superior as the ohlins. I wont be able to outride the suspension on the non S model lol
If you're going to do it, do it right and get the S model. The extra bucks won't matter later compared to the enjoyment you get and the higher resale value.

Old 01-18-2012 | 08:02 PM
TO34
Road Warrior

Enjoy the Duct, ride it like you stole it. I just looked up the bike your thinking about, Hell of a bike but I can tell you if you think upkeep on your HD was spendy wait till you go into their service department.

Comparing HD and Duct is like comparing strippers and women you marry.

Old 01-18-2012 | 08:12 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Im not gonna be playin fast and furious. Im a responsible rider, i no my limits and ride under them. You always leave room for error. So no worries on me riding over my head

Old 01-18-2012 | 08:14 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

That's a nice looking bike. Didn't see pricing on the Duc website.
Enjoy it.

Don't know why some people have to throw in smartass comments about life insurance and such.

Old 01-18-2012 | 08:15 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Oh as far as service, not concerned. Scheduled maintenance on the multi is every 15k.

And i know how to work on them already!

Old 01-18-2012 | 08:16 PM
BlueKite
Cruiser

Many on here seem to be under the misapprehension the Ducati Multistrada (or Monkeystrada as we call it over here) is a crotch rocket. It isn't.

The MS is Ducati's attempt to muscle in on the phenomenal sales of BMW's GS 1200, (the best selling bike in the UK).
This is an adventure tourer on steroids, and comes with hard luggage, backrest for passengers etc, with a pleasant seating position for all day riding.

Many other manufacturers have joined the club, including Guzzi (Stelvio) KTM (adventure) Honda (crosstourer) Yamaha (Super Tenere) and now Triumph (Explorer).

These are bikes you can ride down to Morocco 2-up and throw in a bit of dirt at the same time. Of course they're too heavy for most off-roaders, but some are more geared towards the dirt (KTM), while others are better on the twisty roads (Ducati).

The OP may end up missing his HD and returning to the fold eventually, but in the meantime he's in for a real treat. The Duke is widely considered to be the best handling bike in its class, with an agility that puts most sports bikes to shame. You can also take it touring. All in all a fantastic all-rounder.

Now personally, i'd be looking at the Triumph Explorer, but then as an Englishman i'm biased. Also, I'm just not sure about the reliability of Dukes but your choice is yours. I would also consider the Triumph 800 Tiger, which is half the price of the Duke and could facilitate hanging on to the SG too?

But it doesn't matter what i think. You will love that Monkeystrada, and i can't deny i'm a little jealous.

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand