Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:04 PM
mllgator
Tourer

Good bikes. They are also expensive and loose their value quickly...

Try a Road Glide on the twisties, you will be surprised.

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:14 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Same ole story. Did ride a sport bike, bought a Harley, want to go back to a sport bike or some other foreign touring bike. You can't fight it. There will always be that little hole in your soul that is in the shape of a Harley. You can put it off, you can resist it, but you cannot defeat it. It will always, always be there. Whenever you see us passing on the road, it will surface. Whenever you see the HD tee's on the babes, it will surface. When you hear about Rolling Thunder each year, it will eat you alive. When you see documentaries on Sturgis you will tear out your hair. Go ahead, sell the Glide. Do what you have to do. But you know in your heart what you really want to ride. And we will welcome you back when you decide to put the toys away. Ride safe!
Very well said !

Originally Posted by hoethree
Just for grins I looked up that Ducati. Nice looking Italian motorbike. However I will keep my Harley StreetGlide motorcycle, thank you. I dunno what it is but when I look at my StreetGlide I see a motorcycle the way I think it should look. When I look at the Ducati I see something on two wheels that looks like something out of Tron.
To each his own and no hard feelings to the OP for realizing he bought the wrong motorcycle for his tastes and needs. Have never been able to get used to those funny BMW engines either.
My feelings as well !, but go ahead and experiment.
Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Ride what ever you like, I just hope you don't kill yourself or your wife getting that adrenaline rush.
Agreed ! Hopefully you will get bored with it before you get hurt.

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:17 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser

I Have owned 3 crotch rockets before getting my copglide, and I can say I would never go back. The Dukes are awesome bikes One of the RNs I ride with has a Vrod for touring ( lol i know ) and A Monster and 1098, My problem with the Dukes is there COST of maintence and there Maintence schedule. Not to mention as you said you will be using it to do some touring. I know around my area Good luck if you break down. One thing I love is knowing there is a dealership for HD just about anywhere ya can think. Good luck with the Duke its a sexy machine. Ever though about getting a Hayabusa and setting it up with a nice corbin seat backrest and saddlebags, Bar risers and doing some touring with that? a 9 second 200mph touring bike, for a 1/4 the cost of a duke.

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:18 PM
Medicjaycook
Cruiser

Service is alot easier to find and cheaper with the busa, might even be able to keep the SG and have 2 touring bikes depending on the trip your taking

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:30 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member

Harley's arn't for everyone....Thank God!!!
It's not what you ride....It's that you ride....
Happy Trails...

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:40 PM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
my SG was my first harley, will it be my last? im not sure

i had alot of fun modifying it, it was a great long hauler
it turned lots of heads, it also drained my wallet lol

i thought this was gonna be the bike for me and my wife to travel on, and it would be a keeper. Im not sure thats the case though.

i came from sport bikes, and love riding at the track.
im a sucker for tight corners and curvy roads..
i threw the SG around as much as i could, dragging parts and wearing my self out.

im tired of trying to throw around a 900lb bike and not feeling that adrenaline like i used to on a sport touring bike.

so i may be making the move away from Harley.
i have my eyes set on a new Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring, 462lb and 150hp

ill probably still pop in on the forum, i enjoy reading everyones comments, and also like to help the community with any info i have.
Well don't look for me to beg you to stay with the Harleys, or this forum.
By have a good one , take out a great life insurance polacy for the sake
of your Wife and Children

Old 01-18-2012 | 05:57 PM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

I wish you the best of luck. Hate to see the bike go. It has inspired me to change mine. If I had the extra cash I would be coming to get it. Thanks for you help.

Old 01-18-2012 | 06:05 PM
RAP
Road Master

I hope for your sake that they make better bikes than they make cruise ship captons!

Old 01-18-2012 | 06:41 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

You put apes on your bike and wonder why it doesnt handle well?

I came from Sportbikes and I love carving the canyons with my Streetglide. I have no problem finding the rush that I had in my sport bike days.

Good luck though, Ducati is a nice bike and I am sure you will have fun. C-ya in 6 months.

Old 01-18-2012 | 06:41 PM
mymarket
Intermediate

Had 7 Harley's. Going back to Beemer (K1600gt). Just bored with hd. Might regret it later, but still going to do it.

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand