Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:09 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by roox
He had panniers and top case, but they are not as large as the Harleys. Should mention though, the Missoula Harley dealership sells Ducati also!

ps told him the trip this summer he's responsible for his own gear
Interesting thing about the RT's panniers, they're identical in size to Harley's, just a different shape (and they hold a full-face helmet). The BMW top box is about half a cubic foot smaller than a Tour Pak. It'll be interesting to see how it packs up when I head to Cortez this spring.

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:29 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Get a Honda CBR250R, and keep the Harley to ride with the Wife.
If you can ride fast on a 250 at a track you will get all the thrills you need.

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:36 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by grzly
i suspect that the OP knew that his post would attract the haters but why wouldnt he let others know that he is moving on in regard to brand ? He was a contributor in the past and can be a contributor in the future.

Its funny how some people take this as a direct insult to their choice of riding HD.

If there was ever a measure of someone who is NOT a biker , its the narrow minded ones that dont respect other riders choice of 2 wheels on the road, dont wish them well, and dont wish them to be an ongoing contibutor to this forum. But on the positive side those narrow minded people are vastly outnumbered here.

last i saw , you dont have to ride HD to be a member .

As for "american made always" .. its that sorta mentality that will continue to drag down your economy. You cant unscamble the global economy. The most successful US companies are continuing to look at ways of making profit which includes sourcing parts, labour and production overseas.

carry on

I had a Vulcan750 and I liked it. When I moved to an HD, I just stopped posting on the Vulcan Forum. I never went back and told them how much more fun it is on a Harley. Just sayin' .

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:39 AM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OldPhat
Get a Honda CBR250R, and keep the Harley to ride with the Wife.
If you can ride fast on a 250 at a track you will get all the thrills you need.
i did track days on a CBR f4i last year.. nothing like riding on the track

Old 01-23-2012 | 11:53 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

Nothing like draging a knee in a fast sweeper to get the heart rate up.

Old 01-23-2012 | 05:06 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roox
He had panniers and top case, but they are not as large as the Harleys. Should mention though, the Missoula Harley dealership sells Ducati also!

ps told him the trip this summer he's responsible for his own gear
Yes they do (they use to sell puguet sp? scooters too) and strangley enough the owner mostly rides Ducs as does the GM and sales manager lol. The owner has lots of bikes and also rides a buell sport bike but I rarely see him on a HD anymore.

Old 01-23-2012 | 08:24 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by RAP
Yep, and if people would stop buying Toyotas, Nissons, etc,etc,etc, then those 100,000 or so people would be working for an american company instead of a foreign company!!
Off topic but if GM/Ford/Chrysler actually made a decent sedan back in the early/mid 90s instead of the crap they pushed into rental fleets, I would have bought one. My '91 SHO ended being a POS from a reliability standpoint and my '97 Regal GS wasn't bad. My Supra TT, Camry & Solara V-6s were excellent. Finally, so was my '06 SRT-8.

If they actually had a luxurious and sporty compact/midsize coupe with a decent interior, my GF would have bought one too.

There are things they do extremely well, and things they don't do whatsoever. Just like HD, right?

Old 01-23-2012 | 08:47 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

[quote=Deuuuce;9298717

If they actually had a luxurious and sporty compact/midsize coupe with a decent interior, my GF would have bought one too.]

True, there was a time American car quality suffered - keyword "was".
Give 'em a try now. The Cadillac CTS is world class in luxury, performance, and reliability. And will run like a scalded dog on regular gas. Buick also has an outstanding line. Chevy, Ford as well. Drive one. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Old 01-23-2012 | 10:24 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
True, there was a time American car quality suffered - keyword "was".
Give 'em a try now. The Cadillac CTS is world class in luxury, performance, and reliability. And will run like a scalded dog on regular gas. Buick also has an outstanding line. Chevy, Ford as well. Drive one. You will be pleasantly surprised.
I've been studying cars for over 2 decades and writing about them for about 3 years now. I'm well aware of the CTS, and have lapped a 'V Coupe around Laguna Seca. I owned a dyno-tuned Dodge Charger SRT-8, every option with 398rwhp.

It's a nice car, I wrote that GM shouldn't bother with the coupe since there are better alternatives.

The Coupe isn't bad but no way would my GF consider it with Transformer styling, oversized doors and a useless rear window. Not to mention the overly high shoulder line. It's overly heavy, too. The non-V is far from world class in performance but it is reliable and has some nice luxury features.

Buick makes nice cars. Chevy doesn't have a great sedan, the Fusion is sleepy and the Taurus is massively oversized with compromised interior room. Good cars but this is a reason none of them lead their segment.

Trucks, Corvette, Muscle/Pony cars, arguably SUVs, that's another story.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 01-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2012 | 11:45 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ron750
I had a Vulcan750 and I liked it. When I moved to an HD, I just stopped posting on the Vulcan Forum.
Must be nice not having to give the Vulcan greeting anymore...

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand