Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012 | 08:19 PM
grzly
Road Master

i suspect that the OP knew that his post would attract the haters but why wouldnt he let others know that he is moving on in regard to brand ? He was a contributor in the past and can be a contributor in the future.

Its funny how some people take this as a direct insult to their choice of riding HD.

If there was ever a measure of someone who is NOT a biker , its the narrow minded ones that dont respect other riders choice of 2 wheels on the road, dont wish them well, and dont wish them to be an ongoing contibutor to this forum. But on the positive side those narrow minded people are vastly outnumbered here.

last i saw , you dont have to ride HD to be a member .

As for "american made always" .. its that sorta mentality that will continue to drag down your economy. You cant unscamble the global economy. The most successful US companies are continuing to look at ways of making profit which includes sourcing parts, labour and production overseas.

carry on

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:15 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by roox
A friend and I do a week tour every year. He has a Multistrata and I a FLHTK. I end up carrying some of his crap on the trip because he has no room to carry. We stop frequently because its not as comfortable as mine. I will admit it definitely handled hyway 1 in California much easier than mine! I've rode it and all you have to do is think turn and its done. There were times he wanted to trade with me so he could relax. I think its a fun bike, but I would not change my bike for one. If money were no object I might have one in the garage though (sitting next to my FLHTK).
yep, exact same experience I had with a buddy and his girlfriend with an FJR1300, he then went and bought a RG and now the FJR just sits. It's all about the comfort and luggage capacity for my wife and I, and a large group we do 3000 mile road trips with every year. Ive been to the local Triumph-Ducati dealer, its a ghost town, nothing compared to the local HD dealer with all the events and festivities, and especially all the rides coming and going.

may be moving away from the brand-adsc_0167.jpg

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:48 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

I certainly appreciate the lighter, more advanced and powerful alternatives on the market, but for touring a Harley is hard to beat.

If you think you're going to be tossing around a lighter bike more than, and leaning further than the SG, your speeds, risk factor and passenger complaints will rise correspondingly. And the touring part will not be as comfortable.

A sport tourer like the new BMW would be an awesome choice though.

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:33 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by '05Train
Best of luck to you Hoblick. I faced the same issues with my Limited, and replaced it with a BMW R1200RT (take delivery tomorrow). Don't sweat the heat from all the brand loyalists, they don't get that it's about the ride, not the name on the tank.

Hope it works out well for you, the Multi is a great machine.
Nice to hear it!! I've been drooling all over a RT since this thread started.

Although my woman said I couldn't sell the bagger. But I do have permission to add an RT to the stable. Woot!!

Old 01-23-2012 | 12:26 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

I've seen BMWs and Victorys parked in front of a clubhouse or two during public events. You can ride whatever you want.

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
off topic but....the real question is how many Americans does Toyota employ? Compared to Ford, Chevy, etc. There are a lot of "american" companies that employ more foreign employees than they do American.
Over 100,000 in the US back in late 90s.

Old 01-23-2012 | 08:00 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roox
A friend and I do a week tour every year. He has a Multistrata and I a FLHTK. I end up carrying some of his crap on the trip because he has no room to carry. We stop frequently because its not as comfortable as mine. I will admit it definitely handled hyway 1 in California much easier than mine! I've rode it and all you have to do is think turn and its done. There were times he wanted to trade with me so he could relax. I think its a fun bike, but I would not change my bike for one. If money were no object I might have one in the garage though (sitting next to my FLHTK).
You've got a big heart but he really needs to get the Multi panniers, top box and a passenger seat duffel bag. Or pack less if he's already got them. People can ride what they want but don't expect others to mule for you....

Old 01-23-2012 | 09:44 AM
RAP
Road Master

Yep, and if people would stop buying Toyotas, Nissons, etc,etc,etc, then those 100,000 or so people would be working for an american company instead of a foreign company!!

Old 01-23-2012 | 10:20 AM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Twinrider
You've got a big heart but he really needs to get the Multi panniers, top box and a passenger seat duffel bag. Or pack less if he's already got them. People can ride what they want but don't expect others to mule for you....
Panniers are in the deal im working. My wife and i pack light on trips. They should be enough room for a week. But i am considering the top case as well

Old 01-23-2012 | 10:24 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

Originally Posted by RAP
Yep, and if people would stop buying Toyotas, Nissons, etc,etc,etc, then those 100,000 or so people would be working for an american company instead of a foreign company!!
More likely that they would be on unemployment and you and I would be paying their bills for them.

Old 01-23-2012 | 10:35 AM
roox
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hoblick
Panniers are in the deal im working. My wife and i pack light on trips. They should be enough room for a week. But i am considering the top case as well
He had panniers and top case, but they are not as large as the Harleys. Should mention though, the Missoula Harley dealership sells Ducati also!

ps told him the trip this summer he's responsible for his own gear

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand