Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:24 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
Im thinking people like you are the reason our forefathers left England. If you dont like the thread, dont read it. What makes you think that any of us give a flyin **** if you are annoyed by the content. The OP has every right to post and expect thoughtful intelligent feedback. Thats what the forum is for. So go drink your coffee and stfu.
I am thinking you quoted the wrong poster. But maybe my narrow mindedness is showing.

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:25 AM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueKite
Shame to see the calibre of posters deteriorating on this thread.
As my late grandmother told me, "it's not class or Money that divides people, but manners."
I totally agree with you! As far as I was ever aware this site is supposed to be for sharing useful info and getting some advice from experienced Harley riders, techs and lifelong tinkerers, not meant for bashers and people who have this superiority complex! Isn't it funny how some people grow ***** as big as watermelons when they're online? It's a crying shame really. Anyway what Hoblick rides is his own damned business. After having my first Harley I've been converted into a guy who won't ride anything other than a Harley. I don't care if it weighs 750 pounds! After becoming accustomed to the weight I can throw that black bitch around until the crash bars are skipping off the pavement if I so desire. But being a Harley convert is MY choice. It was an American born bike with American born work ethic and ingenuity that made it happen. Exactly like the airplane. 2 brothers from Ohio came up with an idea that happens to be the the very backbone of world travel! That doesn't mean a plane built in Europe is a piece of crap! And the Japanese are brilliant people who's breakthroughs in technology is unparalleled imo. But their bikes can only resemble a Harley. If you want something that looks like a Harley you might as well just go buy one! On another note, if you want some mode of travel that is 100% American built you are beating a dead horse! I operate on the general principal that my chosen mode of transportation is an idea that originated here. This is a free country last time I checked! Do whatever floats your boat dudes!

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:43 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Guntoter
I am thinking you quoted the wrong poster. But maybe my narrow mindedness is showing.
You are correct Toter, was meant for Ace

Old 01-22-2012 | 11:24 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
Im thinking people like you are the reason our forefathers left England. If you dont like the thread, dont read it. What makes you think that any of us give a flyin **** if you are annoyed by the content. The OP has every right to post and expect thoughtful intelligent feedback. Thats what the forum is for. So go drink your coffee and stfu. Just to clarify, my post is aimed at Ace.
Just to clarify too-How much "feedback" does the OP need? He sounds like a little girl who can't make a decision...i could care less what anyone rides but be a man for once and make a call and go with it...I repeat if he doesnt like his bike fine GO AWAY then and ride his whatever it is..maybe your just one of thise 'sensitive" people who don't like offending anyone? I hope so cause I really hope I did offend you...maybe your just pussified?

Old 01-22-2012 | 11:54 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ace07FXDL
Just to clarify too-How much "feedback" does the OP need? He sounds like a little girl who can't make a decision...i could care less what anyone rides but be a man for once and make a call and go with it...I repeat if he doesnt like his bike fine GO AWAY then and ride his whatever it is..maybe your just one of thise 'sensitive" people who don't like offending anyone? I hope so cause I really hope I did offend you...maybe your just pussified?
You didnt offend me, I just think you're a tool. Hope you enjoyed your coffee. I did enjoy the reading this morning

Old 01-22-2012 | 01:22 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

must be winter.........................ya bunch of loooooosers lol

Old 01-22-2012 | 01:49 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RAP
Last time I checked Toyota Corp. Headquarters was in Japan. Put em together were ever you want, it's still a Japanese truck!!!! And guess were the biggest chunk of money goes for each sale?
In the auto industry, the manufacturer's profit margin is a small sliver of the MSRP.

Old 01-22-2012 | 05:24 PM
RAP
Road Master

If it was a small sliver they wouldn't stay in bussiness very long. (and it's still a Japanese truck!!)

Old 01-22-2012 | 05:30 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RAP
If it was a small sliver they wouldn't stay in bussiness very long. (and it's still a Japanese truck!!)
A sliver of a very large number can still be a very large number. These are public companies. Go check out their financial statements. Of course you'd need to know how to read corporate financial statements. You do know that profits are only the earnings above and beyond all the expenses that a company incurs.

Old 01-22-2012 | 06:39 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

off topic but....the real question is how many Americans does Toyota employ? Compared to Ford, Chevy, etc. There are a lot of "american" companies that employ more foreign employees than they do American.

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand