Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012 | 08:44 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
"MultiCrapa" American contents 0% That's laughable! Good luck.
Have you ever really looked at HD's American content?

Didn't they just announce they are moving their wheel manufacturing from Australia to China?

Hmmmm the suspension is made by SHOWA.. isn't that Japanese?

Brembo brakes are from.... let me give you a hint, it ain't Texas.

How much chrome plating do you think is being done in the U S of A with the EPA regulations? I bet almost all of HD's plated parts inventory is imported.

I don't want to hear how American the HD is, because it is a myth. The only thing HD has going for it IMHO is the unionized work force.

Oh btw why I am bursting bubbles the Toyota Tacoma has more US made content than a Ford F150, so the next time you are thinking of "buy American" think Toyota for your next truck.

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:00 AM
roox
Advanced

A friend and I do a week tour every year. He has a Multistrata and I a FLHTK. I end up carrying some of his crap on the trip because he has no room to carry. We stop frequently because its not as comfortable as mine. I will admit it definitely handled hyway 1 in California much easier than mine! I've rode it and all you have to do is think turn and its done. There were times he wanted to trade with me so he could relax. I think its a fun bike, but I would not change my bike for one. If money were no object I might have one in the garage though (sitting next to my FLHTK).

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:08 AM
BlueKite
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ace07FXDL
A big +1 ...Just go away man please....I only skimmed this crap thread while I waited for my coffee to brew and you just need to go...Do you really think anyone cares what you do? THIS IS A HARLEY FORUM or don't you get that? Just go away please I can't stand a whiner like you...can you even decide when to put you big boy pants on or do you have to kick it around for awhile? You are the biggest idiot I have ever "read" I'd be humiliated to be you...well, my coffee's ready....See ya!
Shame to see the calibre of posters deteriorating on this thread.
As my late grandmother told me, "it's not class or Money that divides people, but manners."

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:30 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Everytime i think of getting a sport touring i remember my buddy was riding a ST1300 and said i can't really get comfortable on it and i was curious and we traded in the mountains...I was amazed at the handling and grinned like a Briar eating mule but after 30 minutes my back , my back was looking for a back rest....Maybe if i was in my 20's or even 30's but from now on it's a geezer glide...I must admit i like to sit on the new fandangle pretty bikes like the Multi strada and concours and Versys and see myself carving the twisties passing the Geezer gliges and then i take my Arthritis medicine and go back to my Electra Glide and smile....

Hoblick i say good luck finding what you like and enjoy it thouroghly....Be safe out there.

Old 01-22-2012 | 09:44 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Have you ever really looked at HD's American content?

Didn't they just announce they are moving their wheel manufacturing from Australia to China?

Hmmmm the suspension is made by SHOWA.. isn't that Japanese?

Brembo brakes are from.... let me give you a hint, it ain't Texas.

How much chrome plating do you think is being done in the U S of A with the EPA regulations? I bet almost all of HD's plated parts inventory is imported.

I don't want to hear how American the HD is, because it is a myth. The only thing HD has going for it IMHO is the unionized work force.

Oh btw why I am bursting bubbles the Toyota Tacoma has more US made content than a Ford F150, so the next time you are thinking of "buy American" think Toyota for your next truck.
Ever been to the York Plant? Any American workers there? Where is a MultiCrapa Plant in the U.S.? My Chevy Truck was made in La., 'Vette made in Ky., Chevelle in Mi., and others in U.S. as well. I stated you can pick parts and components outsourced, but my point was about those made wholly outside of the U.S. I saw a Lexus recently with the window sticker showing where 100% made - a city in Japan with about 30 letters I could not pronounce. Who wins when people buy that stuff?
Agreed, it is shameful we cannot find 100% U.S. made vehicles. But America had better wake up, not give up. We need to keep pushing for more American content in more things in our lives. As for me, I will support the American Union Worker when I can, to the extent that I can, and be proud of it. Quality is there and getting better. What's wrong with that? Am I wrong to be a proud American?

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:01 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member

i completely understand if it doesnt fit your style of riding you should get what you want , no reson to get bashed on. you should ride what fits you so be it if its not a harley, i personally ride 3 diff brands depending on the ride im heading out on. i have 2009 kawi zx10r for the speed and stupidity lol and if its short leasure ride i get the triumph out (in process of making it bobber) and cruise, if im 2 up or long ride the SG comes out. i put 9k on SG, 2400 on zx10r, 500 on triumph this summer.

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:08 AM
streetglide44
Road Captain

Personally I don't care what you ride? As long as it's on 2 wheels as much as possible. Now mopeds and scooters are another story.

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:14 AM
RAP
Road Master

Last time I checked Toyota Corp. Headquarters was in Japan. Put em together were ever you want, it's still a Japanese truck!!!! And guess were the biggest chunk of money goes for each sale?

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:16 AM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know that I would ride anymore if I could not ride a Harley-Davidson. But that's just me and I get told I am narrow minded. I like being narrow minded.

Old 01-22-2012 | 10:20 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

Originally Posted by BlueKite
Shame to see the calibre of posters deteriorating on this thread.
As my late grandmother told me, "it's not class or Money that divides people, but manners."
Im thinking people like you are the reason our forefathers left England. If you dont like the thread, dont read it. What makes you think that any of us give a flyin **** if you are annoyed by the content. The OP has every right to post and expect thoughtful intelligent feedback. Thats what the forum is for. So go drink your coffee and stfu. Just to clarify, my post is aimed at Ace.

Last edited by 2010Deluxeguy; 01-22-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand